Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Scared, Angry and Confused....

Scared, Angry and Confused....

Old Feb 24th 2010, 3:07 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scared, Angry and Confused....

Originally Posted by meauxna
Hey girlie, hope you stop by before the morning; look what I just read in today's local paper.. watch the vid and dance your way to success tomorrow!

They would never pass an audition for "So You Think You Can Dance" or "America's Best Dance Crew."

Chances are the people at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center who work in the labs, the coffee shop, the operating rooms, the administration offices, and every other square inch of the buildings, don't think of themselves as dancers.
In fact, when the medical center's spokesperson, Lisa Helderop, wrote me recently about the employees, she called them "dancers." In quotation marks.
But there's no question they have talent.

How many other dance groups in the world can claim their dance video has been seen nearly 7 million times on YouTube, by people who left over 11,000 comments?
And now these few hundred hospital employees, many of whom have never had a dance class, a few of whom can't even carry a beat, are on the brink of network stardom.

Oh, they've already appeared on network news and morning TV shows across the country.
But this time, they could hit prime time. "The producers of NBC's 'America's Got Talent' contacted me about having dancing hospital employees on their show," Lisa said this week.
(more)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OEdVfyt-mLw
That has to be the neatest video I've seen in ages. gotta love the old dude on the cleaning crew
Good luck for the morning songbird
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:07 am
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hey thank you ALL for for good wishes - I wish I could hug each and every one of you personally but this will have to do {{{HUGS}}}

Just knowing I have so many people rooting for me helps me enormously

Thanks for the video meauxna - that's sooooo Brought a smile to my face!!

I'm off to bed now - I'll check back with you tomorrow hopefully with GOOD NEWS!
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Love love love it.. fantastic.. (meant to quote the Video) Much love SB
Old Feb 24th 2010, 12:32 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

okay, so it's 830.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
okay, so it's 830.
It's 8.30 here
Old Feb 24th 2010, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

You think she saw the Dr on time?
Old Feb 24th 2010, 3:35 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
You think she saw the Dr on time?
3 hours past, yeah, by now.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:23 pm
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

Well folks the news isn't good. It is cancer and I have a date for a mastectomy (once they sort out if I'm Medicaide eligible alternatively they are looking to have done through a charity at the hospital ) on the 5th March. The good news is it operable and it is a primary. They will be putting a port in for the chemo.

As if that wasn't enough to deal with, Ken ( my hubby) has a UTI that's resistant to oral antibiotics so he has to go into hospital either later today or tomorrow for a week or so.

So right now both of our heads are blitzed. I must have seriously pissed someone off in a previous life for this to be dumped on me. One run in with this b'astard should be enough in one lifetime - two is above and beyond.

Thank you so much for all your well wishes - sorry I couldn't give you good news

much love
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Oh SB, I'm sorry to hear that news!! I really don't know what else to say, except that you were strong enough to get through this before, and I'm sure you are still strong enough now. <<bighugs>>
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Don't apologise to us love. While not the news you were hoping for it's good to see that things are in the works for an appropriate course of action. Much love to your husband too.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Songbird
Well folks the news isn't good. It is cancer and I have a date for a mastectomy (once they sort out if I'm Medicaide eligible alternatively they are looking to have done through a charity at the hospital ) on the 5th March. The good news is it operable and it is a primary. They will be putting a port in for the chemo.

As if that wasn't enough to deal with, Ken ( my hubby) has a UTI that's resistant to oral antibiotics so he has to go into hospital either later today or tomorrow for a week or so.

So right now both of our heads are blitzed. I must have seriously pissed someone off in a previous life for this to be dumped on me. One run in with this b'astard should be enough in one lifetime - two is above and beyond.

Thank you so much for all your well wishes - sorry I couldn't give you good news

much love

Ah shit I'm so sorry to hear that mate....
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Songbird

much love
I'm so sorry to hear this SB.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Songbird,

No words are enough, I don't know what I could possibly do to help you but if there is anything PM me and I will.

Tracey, huge hugs from me.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

I am so so sorry SB
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:58 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry you got bad news.
I can't think of anything else to say.
If good wishes can help you get through this then you have them by the bucket.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.