Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Scared, Angry and Confused....

Scared, Angry and Confused....

Old Feb 13th 2010, 1:35 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scared, Angry and Confused....

Thoughts and prayers are with you, you are part of our pixel family, so hang in there sister.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 2:57 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Songbird
Thanks for taking the time to read this - it helped just spewing it all out. keep your everything comes back clean for me on the 18th .
Ah geez girl, why've you been keeping this to yourself? We're expert worriers here and happy to help you carry the load!

We'll work it out, one step at a time. First things first, go get those results next week & find out where YOU are at. The rest will come in its time and we've got lots of researchers on the case now.

The thing about the means-tested benefits is that each state and even each agency inside a state can choose how to interpret/apply those rules WRT new immigrants. As you've already found out, some things, some states choose to just cover without fault & it's not an automatic the Sponsor is asked to repay. (it's not horrible everywhere for everything here, people.. a little compassion does exist).

I'll get on the details tomorrow; for tonight, rest your head and let us share your burden.
xxx
Old Feb 13th 2010, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Songbird - just wanted to add my good wishes and positive thoughts for the 18th

As others have said - one step at a time...
Old Feb 13th 2010, 3:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Songbird
I just want to say how overwhelmed I am at the response both public and private I have received from the members of this board. If I could hug you all I would

My life to date in the USA has not been the smoothest of paths however, I've always considered myself fairly tough and resilient - even when faced with the most adverse of circumstances ( and lord knows the last three years have tested that! lol) I recall my first post on this board (when I was all bright eyed and doe tailed), sure I knew it wasn't going to be easy but my ignorance of just how hard it could be makes it embarrassing reading now You live and you learn - and one of the many things I am grateful for is that members of this board give time out of their lives to help others (just like they helped me) to make that rocky path a bit more easier to travel.

When someone on this board offers their advice / support / help (as so many of you have not just to myself and hubby but others having problems ) I KNOW it's sincere, none of that 'have a nice day' fakeness. We may just be pixels in a cyber world but we are all real people and that comes across so strongly especially at times like this. Thank you all for your support, thank you for being there for us, and most of all thank you making this difficult time a lot more easier to cope with.
You can be rest assured that we are all routing for you. Yes you may be pixels but as Ray would say...you are our pixel.

Remember we are always here for you...24/7. So whenever you want to moan, chat, laugh or cry...just log on and let rip.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 13th 2010 at 4:03 am.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you the very best of luck, Songbird! My thoughts are with you. You WILL get good results 2/18; don't stress yourself out until then.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 6:03 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Songbird, you are in our thoughts here too.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Lazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to all

I was feeling particularly stressed and sorry for myself this morning. Had the high of getting our visas in London yesterday but woke up on a real low this morning at home. I read your post and I am grateful to you for reminding me that there are so many others out there with genuine things to be stressed and worried about. I hope things work out for you both and my thoughts are with you from all this distance away!
Old Feb 13th 2010, 12:49 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

adding to the love and good vibes coming your way and keeping everything crossed for the 18th
Old Feb 13th 2010, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Songbird, I cant offer any advise but my thoughts are with you, good luck for the 18th
Old Feb 13th 2010, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Chin up and fingers crossed. I hope all goes well for you.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 9:16 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Songbird we are here for you, with virtual hugs, and hand holding along the way.

We will ALL get you through this. You should not, and will not, bear this worry alone.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Just want to add my best wishes for 18th. Stay strong. x
Old Feb 14th 2010, 4:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

This old Pixel is thinking of you my love

This too shall pass......
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:17 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Songbird, your post brought a tears to my eyes. I don't have any advice to offer, only my most positive thoughts best wishes. Please let us know how it goes. You seem to have brought out the best in our virtual BE family.

**Tom60, your rabbit with a pancake on its head brought a smile to my face.**

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.