Wikiposts

SATs verses GCSE's

Old Aug 19th 2007, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Ayrria is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SATs verses GCSE's

Does anyone know that if my husbands SATs he took at 15 would be the equivilant to a GCSE? He's worried if he can't get his GED in time that he would have to start from scratch. But I'd of thought he could get onto an A level with his SATs right? Thats saying he comes to England and didn't have his GED..
Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SATs verses GCSE's

Originally Posted by Ayrria
Does anyone know that if my husbands SATs he took at 15 would be the equivilant to a GCSE? He's worried if he can't get his GED in time that he would have to start from scratch. But I'd of thought he could get onto an A level with his SATs right? Thats saying he comes to England and didn't have his GED..
I'm not sure what the GCSEs or A-levels are, since I'm from the US. I'm assuming you are referring to the SAT test that we have here in the US? If so, the SAT test is a college/uni entry exam. Depending on the score you get, a college/uni may or may not accept you. Taking the SAT is not equivalent to a GED or high school diploma (here in the US).

I don't know if this answers your questions or not.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Aug 20th 2007 at 4:55 am.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 5:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
I'm not sure what the GCSEs or A-levels are, since I'm from the US. I'm assuming you are referring to the SAT test that we have here in the US? If so, the SAT test is a college/uni entry exam. Depending on the score you get, a college/uni may or may not accept you. Taking the SAT is not equivalent to a GED or high school diploma (here in the US).

I don't know if this answers your questions or not.
GCSE's are generally taken at 16 yrs of age...A Levels at 18. A Level results are used for uni entrance.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

Ayrria is an unknown quantity at this point

I know that the GED is the equivilant to an A level but I'm wondering if the SAT is the equlivilant to a GCSE? Could he get onto an A level with his SATs?
Old Aug 20th 2007, 5:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ayrria
I know that the GED is the equivilant to an A level but I'm wondering if the SAT is the equlivilant to a GCSE? Could he get onto an A level with his SATs?
You may get a better response if you post this question in the Moving Back to the UK Forum...I know there are several there who have moved from the US back to the UK with students.