Rugeley Shropshire?????

Old Feb 12th 2009, 11:28 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Rugeley Shropshire?????

Does anyone have any info on this area? ie. good for kids, crime etc....

Thinking of moving there or near there.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 3:49 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rugeley Shropshire?????

Hmmm.... I take it not many know the area then. Maybe someone will come along later.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:37 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBANDY
Hmmm.... I take it not many know the area then. Maybe someone will come along later.
Answering ones own thread is a sure sign of cyber madness but on a more helpful tone isn`t Shropshire a long way from Leeds?
Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Hi, I'm not English and don't know it at all, but you might find this website useful for crime/education etc stats

www.aboutmyplace.co.uk

Only thing to watch it may roll up all the stats from the nearest big city as well, but still worth a look.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

bjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nice

I thought it was in Staffordshire?
Old Feb 13th 2009, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Heljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone have any info on this area? ie. good for kids, crime etc....

Thinking of moving there or near there.
Rugeley is in Staffordshire not Shropshire. It's not a particularly desirable town to live in, but the surrounding villages are nice, and the beautiful forest of Cannock Chase is close. If you prefer to live in a town, take a look at Stafford or Lichfield which are nearby. I lived in Stafford for many years and liked it.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 6:28 am
Family man

Originally Posted by Heljinder
Rugeley is in Staffordshire not Shropshire. It's not a particularly desirable town to live in, but the surrounding villages are nice, and the beautiful forest of Cannock Chase is close. If you prefer to live in a town, take a look at Stafford or Lichfield which are nearby. I lived in Stafford for many years and liked it.
My apologies. Slip of the keyboard. Thanks for you replies.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 2:51 pm
Family man

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Answering ones own thread is a sure sign of cyber madness but on a more helpful tone isn`t Shropshire a long way from Leeds?
We are open to all options. I will move to where i can find work but it also has to be good for the kids.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 2:58 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

We are open to all options. I will move to where i can find work but it also has to be good for the kids.
Work situation for many is both grim in the UK as it is here in Spain but I agree that you would be better off in the UK than in Spain in the long run as the UK economy is much more viable than the Spanish one. Anyway best of luck in the UK when you get there.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 9:37 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Hi
I was born and raised in Rugeley, lived there until I was 17 in 1980, my family stayed there while I traveled the world and lived all over the UK. Moved back there in 2000 after spending 4 years in Australia. Lived in Rugeley for 6 years with three young children before moving back to Oz in 2006. I was very happy there but OH wanted to try Oz again. We are now ping ponging back to UK in 12 months time, I would like to go back to the area but within a 10km radius of Rugeley. The town was ok, everyone knows everyone etc. There are some good schools, we only have praise for the one our children went to. How old are your kiddies?
It is a beautiful area around Cannock Chase, we would go walking through the forests for hours. Lichfield is nice, Cannock and Rugeley older minning towns who's pits have since closed down.
I could go on about pro's and con's but half of it may not be of any use to you. You can always PM me if you want any specific info.

Jay
Old Feb 14th 2009, 8:07 am
Family man

Originally Posted by The Koalas
Hi
I was born and raised in Rugeley, lived there until I was 17 in 1980, my family stayed there while I traveled the world and lived all over the UK. Moved back there in 2000 after spending 4 years in Australia. Lived in Rugeley for 6 years with three young children before moving back to Oz in 2006. I was very happy there but OH wanted to try Oz again. We are now ping ponging back to UK in 12 months time, I would like to go back to the area but within a 10km radius of Rugeley. The town was ok, everyone knows everyone etc. There are some good schools, we only have praise for the one our children went to. How old are your kiddies?
It is a beautiful area around Cannock Chase, we would go walking through the forests for hours. Lichfield is nice, Cannock and Rugeley older minning towns who's pits have since closed down.
I could go on about pro's and con's but half of it may not be of any use to you. You can always PM me if you want any specific info.

Jay
Hi Jay,

Thanks for the info. i have a friend who lives there but only moved there recently. My "kids" are 2 and a half and the other will be born within the next few weeks (could be any day now). I had heard there was a bit if a problem with teenage drinking in the town but I think that goes for most places now. Lichfield is also another place we were looking at. Does it have good links to the city etc....

Andy

P.s. Can any of the mods edit the title to say Staffordshire rather than Shropshire? I made a boo boo there.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 12:13 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice
Default Re: Rugeley Staffordshire

Hi Andy
There are good links to the City of Brum as well as Lichfield and Stafford. You can also get trains to London from Rugeley Trent Valley.
As for kids drinking in the town, yes there is problems but it's no different to everywhere these day. We live in Tweed Heads in Northern NSW Oz and the drinking that goes on here is awful. I would not dare go out after 7pm for a walk, the parks and beach areas are full of youths drunk or high on drugs. Even if we go out in Coollangatta or Burleigh Heads it's the same. A 19 year old lad that works with me is a drinker and a drug user and even he would not go out into Tweeds after 9pm, it is just to rough.
Rugeley is becoming a bigger town with new housing estates going up all the time, due to the fact that they now have a link road which goes directly to the M6.
If you can rent to begin with in the surrounding villages, they are much nicer and a lot more quieter.
The Chancel school in Rugeley Town is excellent and has in the past 3 years been totally reovated, the school is very caring and friendly. It does have a web site.
Jay