Riots in the cities

Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:20 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Riots in the cities

Will this affect your plans to move back or holiday in the UK?

I am absolutely disgusted at these latest episodes, it is shameful and makes this country look so bad to the eyes of the rest of the world. They should round up the little sh**s and send them to boot camp to learn some respect, discipline and decency.

They kicked off in Manchester last night and the Chief Constable was just interviewed and like he rightly said there was no excuse, nothing to spark it off in any way it is just mindless vandalism and looting.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:18 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Riots in the cities

It has made absolutely no difference to our plans to move back, I wasn't influenced by the Cronulla riots and I'm not bothered by these either.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:53 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
It has made absolutely no difference to our plans to move back, I wasn't influenced by the Cronulla riots and I'm not bothered by these either.
Interesting Chris, I lived in the shire at the time and it was horrible too.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:20 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, it directly affects those people close by but farther away we watch and say 'oh how awful it all is' but really it could be on Mars. I'm not saying people outside of the area don't care just that it has less impact.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya

I am absolutely disgusted at these latest episodes, it is shameful and makes this country look so bad to the eyes of the rest of the world. They should round up the little sh**s and send them to boot camp to learn some respect, discipline and decency.

They kicked off in Manchester last night and the Chief Constable was just interviewed and like he rightly said there was no excuse, nothing to spark it off in any way it is just mindless vandalism and looting.
Exactly! I hear they arrested 2 little sh*ts here last night for trying to get something started where I live via the internet. This political correctness crap is totally out of control and the police are forced to deal with this insanity with one hand and leg tied behind their backs.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 10:02 am
Banned

I'm afraid that isn't restricted to the UK regardless of what some would love to believe. I have 5 friends in the Police force and the stories I hear defy belief.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 1:09 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

In my case it will make no difference in my plans to visit the UK and eventually move there or at least spend much more time there in retirement. It certainly makes you think a lot harder about where to live, which part of town to look for houses in etc. Whether there are riots or not, there are some people you really don't want for neighbors!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 1:40 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

It makes no difference to my plans. Been here, done this before.

I don't think the police reaction is just about political correctness though. I think it's also the smart calculation that violence only ever begets violence. It might feel good to hose these guys with a water cannon or let off tear gas, but would that help or hurt in the longer term?

The police strategy of calmly rounding everyone up the next morning might be far more effective, if less emotionally satisfying to the rest of us. For example, in Manchester apparently many of the people out on the streets were known criminals. How long do you think it'll take the police to haul them in today?
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:34 pm

citizenmarie is an unknown quantity at this point

Football hooliganism revisited... without the football.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Guinness is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
It makes no difference to my plans. Been here, done this before.

I don't think the police reaction is just about political correctness though. I think it's also the smart calculation that violence only ever begets violence. It might feel good to hose these guys with a water cannon or let off tear gas, but would that help or hurt in the longer term?

The police strategy of calmly rounding everyone up the next morning might be far more effective, if less emotionally satisfying to the rest of us. For example, in Manchester apparently many of the people out on the streets were known criminals. How long do you think it'll take the police to haul them in today?
sallysimmons you are so right with your comments, I must say though like everyone else I am so shocked and upset by this. We are moving back in Oct, yes it does make me stop and think, but the move is still on.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't change my plans to move back. It does make me rethink which areas i might live in. But i could stay here in suburban America forever and be safe but bored to death. I think I'll take my chances in England. Perhaps I'm being naive in that I believe next time the police will be more prepared and forceful. The repercussions of this in terms of our reputation will be enormous and the government will be eager to avoid another situation like this.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya

Watched the report on North West tonight.....this might be the kick up the backside the "chav's" have needed for years, its good to see the general public backlash against these low life's, what made me feel confident about the future is that all the volunteers both young and old who came out and helped/cleaned/mended etc and voiced their active dislike of these criminals, the public have had enough of these "easy riders" lets hope this is a fresh start.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Montfan72
It doesn't change my plans to move back. It does make me rethink which areas i might live in. But i could stay here in suburban America forever and be safe but bored to death. I think I'll take my chances in England. Perhaps I'm being naive in that I believe next time the police will be more prepared and forceful. The repercussions of this in terms of our reputation will be enormous and the government will be eager to avoid another situation like this.
I just dont think the decent general public (and there are more of them than the scroungers out there, lets not forget that) will put up with this situation any more, most of these people are bleeding the country dry while the normal public are working hard to improve their lives, I think this one good reason the government will use to stop such soft handed tactics that the police,teachers and even parents etc are tied up in and bring back discipline,respect and the fact that you have to work for things you want in life.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:58 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

im more worried about the possible 2nd financial collapse than any riots..i was looking at going home from chrimbo onwards..now im in wait and see mode..may look at moving east to Ontario instead
Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:01 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Watched the report on North West tonight.....this might be the kick up the backside the "chav's" have needed for years, its good to see the general public backlash against these low life's, what made me feel confident about the future is that all the volunteers both young and old who came out and helped/cleaned/mended etc and voiced their active dislike of these criminals, the public have had enough of these "easy riders" lets hope this is a fresh start.
I was pleased with this also. A lot of it was organized on facebook. I noticed a lot of friends are now liking pages about clean up and back lash against the rioters. Then there were the funny ones, "Wales too busy spooning sheep to riot" and others about bad areas that look like the rioters already came. Great sense of humor coming through on a lot of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.