Returning from Where?

Old Sep 1st 2010, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

backhomeagain will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Returning from Where?

There are a lot of differences here, Lloydminster is not as crowded like Calgary for one thing - there are only about 22,000 people here and they are mostly Filipinos! Apparently another 110,000 Filipinos are set to invade Canada within the next two years. Yet Calgary has the most Chinese population I have ever seen, along with Indians, Vietnamese, Portugese and Africans and Utopians. (Did I mention Canadians)?
Old Sep 5th 2010, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

the davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nice

Nope sorry have to disagree Yorkton, SK is the worst

Yep same thing, 5 lay offs in two years. No work, nothing to do. Have been trying to relocate to somewhere else in Canada but what with the economy jobs are hard to come by (well the ones that pay enough to just scrape by)

Kids have no prospects here, we would never have the funds to pay for higher education here, so what does that leave them to do minimum pay jobs for rest of their lives.

I just think it's bad luck on our side we moved 4 years ago and had the economy been better I think our lives would of been a lot different. I know people that have done very well here, so it has been a few mistakes on our part.

Rather be at home with family support than here. Just got to sell the property Also taken 4 years to realise that I hate snow
Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

bithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nice

returning from Australia.
Out of all the family that were living out here we are the last 2 here, all the family have gradually moved back to the UK over the last couple of years.....Children, parents, siblings....and they are all so glad they made the move home.
can't believe I only have to suffer one more oppressive hot summer here.
Roll on March we will be outta here
Old Sep 6th 2010, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by backhomeagain
Apparently another 110,000 Filipinos are set to invade Canada within the next two years.

Yet Calgary has the most Chinese population I have ever seen, along with Indians, Vietnamese, Portugese and Africans and Utopians. (Did I mention Canadians)?

What is the reason you comment on these nationalities?
Old Sep 6th 2010, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

My comment was not aimed at nationals in particular, but one of surprise at the vast number of people from different countries. Where I used to live, (small town) we probably never saw more than a few Filipinos. Coming to Calgary was an eye opener for us to see so many cultures. Yet here in Lloydminster. we see very few Chinese, and maybe a handful of Indians. Filipinos on the other hand seem to be the majority here. Having worked with 5 Filipinos for a short period of time, I can say they were the most friendliest and helpfull of people, its just a shame their was a language barrier between us.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 12:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Yet here in Lloydminster. we see very few Chinese, and maybe a handful of Indians.
Ah - I see - that's why you've not got any decent curry houses or chinese restaurants in Lloydminster then
Old Sep 7th 2010, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

I can tell you with hand on heart, there are no Indian take -aways at all or restaurents, (not so much as a Filipino restaurent), there is something called the Wok Box and I did hear of a Chinese buffet hidden away somewhere in a hotel. Get on Mcleod in Calgary at the bottom of 57th, and you will be blessed with restaurents and good pubs. In particular the Dog and Duck on 1st, and go downtown to the Palomino and you have to try their ass ripper wings, they are superior!

We tried the Unicorn on St Stephen's Avenue, but only if you are brave enough you have to try their ultra red hot wings. Holy crap, straight out of a volcano.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 8:09 am
Just Joined

wilson38 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am moving back to the UK from Australia, I have a bank account with the NAB. Is there a bank affiliated with the NAB that I can transfer my fund easily and set up a bank account from here
Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hy Wilson
Best way is to use the net like we are are doing, plenty of info available and contact details online.

I have never heard of NAB, you could try the HSBC though, they may be able to help with your transfer
Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:31 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

The boredom thing is fekkin right mate - imagine, NO Indian restaurents, No Chinese restaurents, plenty of A&W, Arbies, Tony Romas, and McDonalds, (eeeww) and the cinema, (goodness, they actually have one of these), looks like it came out of the 1960s, and thats just the outside!

I feel for you. I once went to Regina on business and we asked 'where are the good restaurants.' The guy told us to go to the Italian down the road because he loved it there. He was very enthusiastic and so off we went, stepping over the drunks in the street as we went.

Man, that place was hideous! Wood chip wallpaper and the only wall decorations were baby's bibs with "I <3 Italy" on them. The food tasted like it came out of a tin - and this was the place he had raved about. Worst meal out EVAH!
Old Sep 10th 2010, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hy Sally
Lloydminster is a strange place altogether. There is no public transport system at all

If you dont have a car, you either get a cab, (which isnt cheap!), or you walk. And if you do have a car, where do you go? Calgary has so much going for it, a superb LRT which I understand is being upgraded to four carriages, and it runs every 10 minutes plus a bus service that is unbelievable and so reliable. Moving up from Calgary was the worst thing we did, but only because I got a job here, which I might add I got laid off from 7½ weeks later.

GGGRRRRRRR:curse:
Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wilson38
I am moving back to the UK from Australia, I have a bank account with the NAB. Is there a bank affiliated with the NAB that I can transfer my fund easily and set up a bank account from here
Try HSBC...they are in most Main High Streets in the UK....you can open the account very easily from Australia...they will also send your cards to you as well.....also when transferring money to that account from Aus (should you open an account with HSBC) try Oxforex...you get excellent rates and first two transfers are free (and go direct into your UK account usually within 2 days) and anything over $10,000 after the first two transfers are also free....good look...