Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Returning to the UK with Cats

Wikiposts

Returning to the UK with Cats

Old May 20th 2008, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Tracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to all
Default Returning to the UK with Cats

Hi all,

We are looking into returning to the UK and was wondering if anyone had any idea's how much it would cost to take our two cats back. They came out with us, and we wouldn't dream of leaving them behind.

I have tried searching the forums, but to be honest some of the threads go back to 2005. Maybe a little outdated by now. I have also tried googling, but don't seem to have much luck with that side of things either!

Thanks in advance

Tracey
Old May 20th 2008, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Returning to the UK with Cats

Originally Posted by Tracey O
Hi all,

We are looking into returning to the UK and was wondering if anyone had any idea's how much it would cost to take our two cats back. They came out with us, and we wouldn't dream of leaving them behind.

I have tried searching the forums, but to be honest some of the threads go back to 2005. Maybe a little outdated by now. I have also tried googling, but don't seem to have much luck with that side of things either!

Thanks in advance

Tracey
Hi,
I know a company called OZ PETS they transport pets. Do a search for them on internet. We only used them for transportation from sdyney to brisbane. I,m sure thaT If they don't actually transport pets internationally they will know a company that does. goodluck

Allyson
Old May 20th 2008, 6:44 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tracey O
Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Tracey
I have 2 cats and the quotes i am getting for their return is around $2800 for both.
Jet Pets, Dog Tainers and Blue Cross are afew compaines you should get in touch with.
Old May 20th 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice

Hi our cats are going back and we have been quoted $3100 to man with dogtainers.

We have used these guys before.

lisa
Old May 20th 2008, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Tracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to all

Thanks for those company names. I will look them up!

Tracey.
Old May 21st 2008, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

cornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond repute

hi there,
i went to have blood samples taken from my 2 dogs and cat this morning, but had problems with my cat-the vet couldn't find a vein! so i've had to make another appointment for next monday and in the meantime have had to put my dog's blood samples in the freezer before sending them off to be tested. did anyone have any problems getting a blood sample from their cat?
Old May 21st 2008, 2:08 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by cornishvellan
hi there,
i went to have blood samples taken from my 2 dogs and cat this morning, but had problems with my cat-the vet couldn't find a vein! so i've had to make another appointment for next monday and in the meantime have had to put my dog's blood samples in the freezer before sending them off to be tested. did anyone have any problems getting a blood sample from their cat?
The vet shaved my cats under the neck, apparentley that is the only place where there is a big enough vein. Poor buggers, looks awful sticking this big needle in the neck.
Old May 21st 2008, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

cornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
The vet shaved my cats under the neck, apparentley that is the only place where there is a big enough vein. Poor buggers, looks awful sticking this big needle in the neck.
the vet did that to ALL my pets as well as their front legs! they look like right idiots! even then she couldn't find a vein in my cat. she spent 2 hours trying to get blood samples from them all. luckily my cat was sedated, she was freaking out, dear of her. now she's got to through it all again on monday...
Old May 21st 2008, 2:20 am
Account Closed

the vet did that to ALL my pets as well as their front legs! they look like right idiots! even then she couldn't find a vein in my cat. she spent 2 hours trying to get blood samples from them all. luckily my cat was sedated, she was freaking out, dear of her. now she's got to through it all again on monday...
Poor things thats awful. The vet will have to put them to sleep then, do it that way. I'd have gone mad!!
Old May 21st 2008, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Poor things thats awful. The vet will have to put them to sleep then, do it that way. I'd have gone mad!!
my cat, belle, is very quiet but hates car rides and visits to the vet! so this morning was very traumatic for her-two in one!!! luckily my vet is a very good friend of mine so she said that she'll come to my home on monday-at least she won't have to go through the nightmare of the car trip! my vet said that we were doing the best thing about getting out of italy and said she wouldn't mind coming with us-i wish she would, she's a genuine vet-this morning she had a newfoundland puppy that had been dumped at the kennels unwanted because he's so sick-he was so gorgeous but she didn't think he would survive...he's called bernardo...
Old May 21st 2008, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

my cat, belle, is very quiet but hates car rides and visits to the vet! so this morning was very traumatic for her-two in one!!! luckily my vet is a very good friend of mine so she said that she'll come to my home on monday-at least she won't have to go through the nightmare of the car trip! my vet said that we were doing the best thing about getting out of italy and said she wouldn't mind coming with us-i wish she would, she's a genuine vet-this morning she had a newfoundland puppy that had been dumped at the kennels unwanted because he's so sick-he was so gorgeous but she didn't think he would survive...he's called bernardo...
When I had this done, the vet had a hard time getting through to a vein in one of my cats. He said that my cat had thick skin and it was taking a long time to even penetrate the skin properly. My poor little thing had the scariest look on his face. When the vet finally got through the skin it took him forever to draw the blood out. I was getting very anxious for my cat as he looked so scared, but bravely lay there quietly through it all (probably scared stiff, poor thing!).
Old May 21st 2008, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

i was really excited about getting the pets done since it made the move back to the UK more official if you get what i mean! course, there's always a hitch, isn't there?!

did anyone return from europe with their cats(?) any advice on how you would transport pets back from europe(?) i suppose i could have them flown over(?) did you sedate your cats(?)
Old May 21st 2008, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

i was really excited about getting the pets done since it made the move back to the UK more official if you get what i mean! course, there's always a hitch, isn't there?!

did anyone return from europe with their cats(?) any advice on how you would transport pets back from europe(?) i suppose i could have them flown over(?) did you sedate your cats(?)
I haven't flown home yet, but I know that you cannot sedate pets on flights. Hope someone helps you out with your questions. They are definitely a helpful bunch here on the MBTTUK forum.
Old May 21st 2008, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Marmalade
I haven't flown home yet, but I know that you cannot sedate pets on flights. Hope someone helps you out with your questions. They are definitely a helpful bunch here on the MBTTUK forum.
how come you can't sedate pets on flights? my belle will literally have a heart attack without some kind of medication. what about sleeping pills?
Old May 21st 2008, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Here is an explanation from a Pet Mover site on the internet answering the question Can I sedate my pet when it flies?

Definitely not! Sedation has been shown to be the number one cause of death or illness in shipped pets. Tranquilizers slow the respiratory and heart rates. Even the American Veterinary Medical Association has put out advisory's to their membership not to recommend tranquilizers for flying pets, though occasionally a veterinarian still recommends it to a client. Each pet reacts individually to a tranquilizer, some may become heavily sedated, some not affected and in rare cases it may even make a pet more excited. A pet, which is wobbly and without the ability to steady itself, may get bounced around more if turbulence is encountered. And finally, many airlines now recognize the dangers of tranquilization, and will refuse to ship a sedated pet.

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.