Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Returning Soon The Countdown begins

Returning Soon The Countdown begins

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Nathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really nice
Default Returning Soon The Countdown begins

So after what seems like an age after finally coming to my decision to go back to the UK the big move is in April.

I have just started to sort through my things here starting to sell stuff I no longer need and deciding what to keep and my ticket arrived last week after this it all feels more real. I am both excited and nervous at the same time.

My situation is Im moving back 23 years old now but my immediate family (mum, dad and 2 sisters) are staying in Oz. So Im under no illusion that will be very hard leaving them here but something is telling me to go back and I really want to and I just know it's the right decision. Not nervous of UK life but more so getting work, place to rent etc but I have family Im staying with til thats sorted but need that to be done asap really so thats makes me a bit anxious in the current climate.

Im sure as the weeks fly by and I get closer to the move Ill go through more feelings of excitement and nerves but hey thats what it's all about isn't it .

37 days left and counting in Oz.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 7:00 am
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all
Default Re: Returning Soon The Countdown begins

Good luck with the move. Hope you find a job and that you get settled quickly. 45 days to go for me!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes too - 40 days for us!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 7:27 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

13 days for us! Good luck to all travelling soon. There seems to be quite an exodus from this forum lately. Seems many of us are returning all at once!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

LOL 3 for me but I will have to come back here so mine dont count!

All the best Nathan, you will be fine! My son went back at about your age and he has no intention of returning in the near future because he has discovered he now has a life with "buzz" there.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 3:06 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Gook luck with the moves you lot. I'm so jealous.
I really hope you all keep coming here and telling us what happening in UK and how it's all going for you.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

theyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud of

I think we're in front with just 9 days to go.................

I'll be clicking my ruby slippers real soon........
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:02 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theyoungs
I think we're in front with just 9 days to go.................

I'll be clicking my ruby slippers real soon........
Can you inform Heathrow i'm right behind you and a red carpet welcome is in order please
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Heljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Can you inform Heathrow i'm right behind you and a red carpet welcome is in order please
99 more sleeps for me. I'll be a bit sad though, love the sun, and adore the parrots! Home is where the heart is though.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
Best wishes too - 40 days for us!
Enjoy the weeks you have left.

Did I mention that i'm so happy to be back? I sure did

All the best
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Nathan. I think you are very brave to step out by yourself. Things are a bit tight job wise in the UK at the moment and it would be fibbing to say otherwise, but it won't last, things will pick up as they always do. A 23 year old is going to be on his feet soon enough.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Midlands Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nathan84
So after what seems like an age after finally coming to my decision to go back to the UK the big move is in April.

I have just started to sort through my things here starting to sell stuff I no longer need and deciding what to keep and my ticket arrived last week after this it all feels more real. I am both excited and nervous at the same time.

My situation is Im moving back 23 years old now but my immediate family (mum, dad and 2 sisters) are staying in Oz. So Im under no illusion that will be very hard leaving them here but something is telling me to go back and I really want to and I just know it's the right decision. Not nervous of UK life but more so getting work, place to rent etc but I have family Im staying with til thats sorted but need that to be done asap really so thats makes me a bit anxious in the current climate.

Im sure as the weeks fly by and I get closer to the move Ill go through more feelings of excitement and nerves but hey thats what it's all about isn't it .

37 days left and counting in Oz.
Good luck Nathan...you are one very brave young man.....hope everything works out for you...let us know how you get on
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:44 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh I remember nervously getting on a plane at 23 years old to fly to London. I'm 46 now!! I have had some great adventures, and your family are always there if you want to go back and stay or visit. It's great to be able to take a chance while you are young and not having to think about children etc (plenty of time for that).
Old Mar 25th 2009, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

theyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
It will be my pleasure.......

All the best with your move back and to everybody else who are soon to leave their adopted shores.

I've been on this rollercoaster for too long now and can't wait to get off (even though I am as nervous as hell!!!!)