Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Returning Full Time Student Help!

Wikiposts

Returning Full Time Student Help!

Old May 8th 2012, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

sheldon20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Returning Full Time Student Help!

Hi Guys

I am a 21 year old UK Citizen who has been living in Australia for the past 17 years. I completed all my schooling here in Aus and begun a University Degree here. I have recently found out that I have gained entry into a course in the UK and I will be moving to London in September. Because of my status as a citizen, will I be able to gain any sort of finacial assistance or has my time spent outside of the UK hindered me?

Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated!
Old May 8th 2012, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning Full Time Student Help!

Originally Posted by sheldon20
Because of my status as a citizen, will I be able to gain any sort of finacial assistance or has my time spent outside of the UK hindered me?
Having a UK passport will not get you home fees or financial assistance from the UK taxpayers, unless you are resident in the UK or EEA for at least the previous 3 years before you attend university. I assume the university know you are an international student? There are quite a few threads on here about this that might help you.

Can you get any/transfer any financial loans or grants from OZ?

However, as a UK citizen, you will not be restricted to the number of hours you are allowed to work in the UK as a student. London is an expensive place to live.

Last edited by formula; May 8th 2012 at 6:16 pm.
Old May 14th 2012, 10:54 am
is finally happy

Tel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Returning Full Time Student Help!

I'm in the exact same position (I've done all my schooling in the US) and I'll be heading to London for my Masters degree around the same time! It's been quite difficult to find scholarships and financial aid being international, but check and see if your school offers any specifically for overseas students. This site: http://www.studentcashpoint.co.uk/default.aspx is really helpful- it's got a number of sources to get scholarships and bursaries from. Many are distributed by universities for specific programmes, but some are distributed by charities and things like that. Good luck on the hunt!