Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Returning after 11 years? Benefts? Over +65

Returning after 11 years? Benefts? Over +65

Old Aug 11th 2010, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

jimm42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Returning after 11 years? Benefts? Over +65

I am a 68 years UK citizen living at present in Peru, receiving a small State Pension amount, direct into a bank account in Peru.
Because that I have urgent need to return to UK for good, I need to apply to claim Pension Credit, to top up my pension.
I don´t have a place to stay at the beginning and would like advice on my chances of getting benefits, regarding accomodation.
I have been for more than 11 years abroad, and if someone could tell me what to do , on my arrival?
Please let me know your opinions
Thanks
James
Old Aug 11th 2010, 7:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning after 11 years? Benefts? Over +65

Originally Posted by jimm42
I am a 68 years UK citizen living at present in Peru, receiving a small State Pension amount, direct into a bank account in Peru.
Because that I have urgent need to return to UK for good, I need to apply to claim Pension Credit, to top up my pension.
I don´t have a place to stay at the beginning and would like advice on my chances of getting benefits, regarding accomodation.
I have been for more than 11 years abroad, and if someone could tell me what to do , on my arrival?
Please let me know your opinions
Thanks
James
Hello James...welcome to BE.

This subject crops up fairly frequently on here. If you search the fourms for past thread...you will probably find useful information.

If you go to this page...look down the right hand side of the page a little and you will see the blue "Search this Forum" tab. Press this...then go to advanced search. At the top left hand side you will see "Key Words"...put in benefits...leave "Search Titles Only" in the box below. Scroll down and hit "Search Now". This should bring up all the threads with "Benefit" in the title. I'm sorry I can't pull up all the titles for you because the page is time sensitive. Please give me shout if you have problems locating the threads.

Good luck.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

jimm42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your help, but I followed your instructions about the Search Thread with the word Benefit and Benefits, with no results founded.
I hope to find some answers from our members hopefully
Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your help, but I followed your instructions about the Search Thread with the word Benefit and Benefits, with no results founded.
Sorry it worked for me earlier but won't now. I know we've been having issues with the Search function today. Hopefully it won't be long before the tech team get it sorted.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:59 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

try this..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=2551627
Old Aug 11th 2010, 9:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by SDDep
There's nothing there only Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 11:51 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

This might help.
Also someone here had posted about senior living, probably buried in the moving back in the 50's and 60's thread
http://www.shelteredhousing.org/
http://www.housingcare.org/elderly-u...d-housing.aspx
Old Aug 11th 2010, 11:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
This might help.
Also someone here had posted about senior living, probably buried in the moving back in the 50's and 60's thread
http://www.shelteredhousing.org/
http://www.housingcare.org/elderly-u...d-housing.aspx
That's a thought.

Jim take a look at this thread...hopefully you'll find it informative.

Sorry Jim the Search Function still appears to be experiencing problems.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 4:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That's a thought.

Jim take a look at this thread...hopefully you'll find it informative.

Sorry Jim the Search Function still appears to be experiencing problems.
Jim the BE Search Function seems to be now up and runing...so please try again. Any problems please let me know and I will do my best to help you.