Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Returnees to UK: What do you love about being back?

Returnees to UK: What do you love about being back?

Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

lucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud of
Default Returnees to UK: What do you love about being back?

Hello there!

Interested in finding out what do you love about being back in the uk and why do you love being back in the UK?

Should be interesting reading!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returnees to UK: What do you love about being back?

Originally Posted by lucy71
Hello there!

Interested in finding out what do you love about being back in the uk and why do you love being back in the UK?

Should be interesting reading!
The changing seasons - lately, daffs and all the lovely flowers in spring, the trees budding and bursting into life, the birdsong which is constantly amazing me at how loud and sweet it is, all the spring flowers.
Even winter was nice - fresh not hot hot hot, beauty frost, going ice skating - cosyness. Autumn - breathtakingly lovely.

The long evenings now the clocks have changed, ahhhhh

The amount of places to go, things to do - the sheer variety and choice, mind blowing at 1st

The humour, the wit - its so refreshing and makes me feel really 'home'

The beatiful varying countryside, the villages, the old buildings

Pubs ..... lovely to be able to pop into one

Even the TV - never will I moan about paying a TV license again after Oz'
Good documentaries, funny stuff like 'have I got news for you', good radio.

The people - normal men after Oz is BRILLIANT

Friends and family

Other things too but thats a start
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:21 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

The greeness, the history, family, sense of belonging, the four seasons, decent pay for jobs. light nights in the summer to name but a few.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:12 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

flavoured crisps, chocolate, and sausages in every supermarket!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

isleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really nice

Pubs and real ale, countryside, history and a decent curry.
Almost forgot the great british sense of humour......aussies just don't have one....I could go on but thats a start....
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:25 pm
Small Dane

Viking Man is a name known to allViking Man is a name known to allViking Man is a name known to allViking Man is a name known to allViking Man is a name known to allViking Man is a name known to allViking Man is a name known to allViking Man is a name known to allViking Man is a name known to allViking Man is a name known to allViking Man is a name known to all

Originally Posted by isleofmanmike
Pubs and real ale, countryside, history and a decent curry.
Almost forgot the great british sense of humour......aussies just don't have one....I could go on but thats a start....
Being in Europe is what I love, and being able to nip over to different countries and cultures so easily.