Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Returnee's memoirs! please sign!(something to share)

Returnee's memoirs! please sign!(something to share)

Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Default Returnee's memoirs! please sign!(something to share)

Did you move back to the UK?

Do you think it was the right thing to do?

I am really happy i moved back as i feel at ease now. There are many things i miss about Canada but i know personally i made the right choice.
I dont think i miss canada any more than i would if i had a holiday there. I could still get the fixes!
Do you think you made the right choice?

I often pop in here and see how things are going but i always wonder who truly believes they made the right choice.
what part of the country would you have brought back with you?
good luck to all of you what ever you decide!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:34 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Returnee's memoirs! please sign!(something to share)

Thankyou. Another person who's moved back and not regretted their decision.

Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:37 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Thankyou. Another person who's moved back and not regretted their decision.

There's plenty of 'em Tracey. I personally know of 2 couples who have no desire to come back to Oz and are now content, but have heard about many more in the 10 years we've been here I can assure you.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:43 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babyblue

I am really happy i moved back as i feel at ease now. There are many things i miss about Canada but i know personally i made the right choice.
I dont think i miss canada any more than i would if i had a holiday there. I could still get the fixes!

I often pop in here and see how things are going but i always wonder who truly believes they made the right choice.
Hi babyblue, me too, back in the UK and loving it!!!!!!!!!!! The one thing I miss about Perth - BYO in restaurants! Saved a packet on eating out - perhaps I'll start a one woman campaign to get it introduced into the UK!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird
Hi babyblue, me too, back in the UK and loving it!!!!!!!!!!! The one thing I miss about Perth - BYO in restaurants! Saved a packet on eating out - perhaps I'll start a one woman campaign to get it introduced into the UK!
There are many restaurants in the UK where you can BYOB, esp in Edinburgh.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:03 pm
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Returnee's memoirs! please sign!(something to share)

Hi been back in the UK for nearly 4 months now after 5 years in Perth. Am loving it back here so far. Not really missing anything, maybe perhaps the ocean view and sandy beaches but with 2 little toddlers it was hard to go down the beach anyway especially on the really hot days. I saw someone had put next to their poster name "feel alive again". This is how I feel, I have a renewed enthusiasm for things and just find it great being near family and old friends, also finding it easier to make new friends here than in Aus (probably partly because I am happier and not going on about whether to stay or go all the time as I did in the last 2 years in Aus). In the Aus toddler group the only mum who ever invited us round to their house was other English mums. The only time an Aussie invited us round was to sell us some tupperware!! All is good and do not have any travel bug at all at the moment. Our next holiday is to the next county, Norfolk! Life is good here but it's a very personal thing what makes you happier. Glad to have experienced Perth but it is definately in the past now. Good luck to everyone returning.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:57 pm
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Returnee's memoirs! please sign!(something to share)

Been back 18 months after 2 years in Auzzzztralia. No regrets whatsoever. Don't have that feeling of emptyness anymore and being in a permanent state of limbo. Had that strange sensation that other people have mentioned of feeling "alive" again when I got back to the UK.

Summers here now - looking forward to late evenings sitting outside the village pub by the river with friends.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:25 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Been home 4 years now and my heart is still happy and contented.

The only thing that I wish I could have brought back are our friends who went through the whole emotional journey with us and understood where I was coming from. They have stuck it out and good on them I just wish they weren't on the other side of the world.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:25 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babyblue

We moved back last July, and it was the best thing that I ever did! Kids, in particular the eldest is doing better than ever expected, hubby would go back tomorrow given the chance but I wont follow.

And today, I still feel like the right choice was made... the only thing I miss is being able to get washing dry at any given time, other than that I don't miss Dubai one little bit!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eric Hitchmo
Summers here now - looking forward to late evenings sitting outside the village pub by the river with friends.
Ohhh perrrrleazzzze!! Will you stop!

I think I'm going to throw up with jeaslousy in a mo
Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:22 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great you have all settled into uk life again!!!!

has anyone noticed how cold it is in the morning and evening now brrrrr winters coming!!!

kez
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:58 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

I've only been back for seven weeks but haven't had a moments regret yet. The only thing that I could say I miss about Australia is the weather - I got used to life without rain as we lived through a year of drought in Melbourne, although it's beautiful spring days here at the minute with lovely sunrises in the mornings. I thought I would miss the sea and views across Port Philip Bay but the views here are even better - I much prefer driving along the English country lanes, past quaint old farmhouses and seeing the horses, cows and sheep in the fields every day.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys! It always helps others to share the stories.
I think we will always miss something about our adventures. There will always be memories that we bring back and share. I often think about Canada and i must admit i often think 'what if?'. Different senario's!
I am happy here mostly becuase my children are. If they are happy, that brings me peace.
I believe we had an amazing life experience and many things to chat about for years to come. There are many people here in the UK that think about moving but never really have the spirit to try!
good luck to all of you.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Anybody returned to the south East of England?
I am in East Sussex and i thought it would be great if we could arrange a meet up for returnee,s. This could also be useful for those thinking about moving out! Balanced view of the journey ahead.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:05 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
I've only been back for seven weeks but haven't had a moments regret yet. The only thing that I could say I miss about Australia is the weather - I got used to life without rain as we lived through a year of drought in Melbourne, although it's beautiful spring days here at the minute with lovely sunrises in the mornings. I thought I would miss the sea and views across Port Philip Bay but the views here are even better - I much prefer driving along the English country lanes, past quaint old farmhouses and seeing the horses, cows and sheep in the fields every day.
You're doing it again Louise. More pic's in order I think. Glad to hear all is well with you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.