Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Registering with Estate Agents while still living abroad

Registering with Estate Agents while still living abroad

Old Oct 8th 2013, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

KerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really nice
Default Registering with Estate Agents while still living abroad

Hi Everyone,

So after 4.5 years hubby has finally opened up to researching this moving back to the UK project and plan to start putting things in action now.

We are planning a move to a new area. The area we plan to explore is Hertfordshire and have narrowed down 3 places to visit.

We will be heading back to the UK over Christmas and hoping to squeeze in a few viewings to get a feel of what is available and explore the area. Hoping to be in the UK by the 14th December. I know it is close to Christmas so thinking we will probably only have that week for viewings.

My only concern is going through the agencies and explaining the situation. We have no set date yet and i honestly can't remember what kind of questions will need to be filled out for the registration process.

I have a friend in London who has been looking in the same area and offered to maybe schedule some viewings for us but not sure if she will be available to come on the day.

Can anyone share any recent experiences so we know what to expect with the estate agents?
Old Oct 8th 2013, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

winston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Registering with Estate Agents while still living abroad

No registration required with estate agents. Just tell them what sort of property you are looking for. An email address, address, phone number useful so they can contact you with details.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

KerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really nice

Seems much easier than I thought! Thanks for sharing.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 1:04 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto the above. We have been looking to sell our UK house and buy in another city in UK.

Estate agents have been fine with viewings. We have viewed properties regularly (Christmas, Easter, Summer) over the last 18 months initially doing groundwork to get a feel for property prices leading up to this Summer when we put ours on the market, have found a buyer and have had offer accepted on next house.

Ditto for solicitors, removal company etc.

If you are planning on buying before you return, be aware that a number of banks now no longer do mortgages for expats. HSBC and Barclays International are 2 that do.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

TickledToo is an unknown quantity at this point

I've asked a couple of questions about properties on Zoopla. The agent that replied with the most courteous and helpful email, will be the agent I choose to visit when I'm over there next month!