British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   recommended removal companies for US to UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/recommended-removal-companies-us-uk-925547/)

annabos Jun 6th 2019 2:33 pm

recommended removal companies for US to UK

Our outward airfreight with FEDEX was an unqualified disaster (lost and broken boxes) and we are going to try shipping to go home.

Please do you have any recommendations of reliable international removal companies, especially ones that don't require limbs in payment? (ie good value)

ChiJan Jun 9th 2019 5:28 pm

Re: recommended removal companies for US to UK

I'm working on finding the right shipper for our home goods and right now UPakWeShip is looking good. Has anyone used them?

Farmboy1892 Jun 10th 2019 3:29 pm

Hey there!!
We are in the same boat except we are in Ontario, Canada.
We used Pickfords to move out a few years ago but for love or money I cannot get a response from them to move back. I have tried email and calling. I got a response asking for more detailed info for the move but since then I cannot get in contact. I even tried calling the UK office and no answer. Have they gone bust???
I have obtained a quote from UPAKWESHIP also and it looks like we will go with them however, I dont like the $95 USD per hour charge for loading the container after your complimentary 2 free hours. It will be just me and my Wife helping to load so it could get expensive!!

Regards

Farmboy

dj6372 Jun 10th 2019 3:47 pm

We have used Crown Relocation in the past, and are using them this time round, never had any issues.

Just as an FYI apply for your ToR1 as soon as possible they are currently working on Aprils applications...................I applied May 12th!!

Pulaski Jun 10th 2019 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Farmboy1892 (Post 12696059)
….. We used Pickfords to move out a few years ago but for love or money I cannot get a response from them to move back. I have tried email and calling. I got a response asking for more detailed info for the move but since then I cannot get in contact. I even tried calling the UK office and no answer. Have they gone bust??? ….

They don't operate in (ship from) Canada - see my full reply on the thread you started yourself.

Farmboy1892 Jun 10th 2019 5:37 pm

Thanks for the reply dj.
I will check out the T0R1 as soon as I can.
Plenty of stressful moments from here until we finally touch home soil I am sure!!

Farmboy1892 Jun 10th 2019 5:40 pm

Thanks Pulaski

It would be nice if the actual company would just confirm this in a concise professional manner. I think its only etiquette if you try to make contact with an international company of such scale that they would confirm what you have just told me without all the hassle.
Its quite annoying especially when your stressing over multiple things involved with the pending move.

Regards

Farmboy

getoutofbritainquick Jun 11th 2019 11:03 pm

Did you try Britania? We used them to come to Canada and have recently looked at their web site to move back to the UK. They require dates and a UK address for an estimate to ship on their website?