Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

recent back to UK quotes ??

recent back to UK quotes ??

Old Jun 27th 2010, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

bithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nice
Default recent back to UK quotes ??

Hi there ....well seems at last DH has managed to be on the same page as me and decided is time to go home
feels like I am listening to all of his reasons to go back that I was telling him last year .....
so was wondering if any of you recent returnies can give me an idea of how much they were quoted for a 20ft container fron Brissie to UK.....
have been looking through old posts but would appreciate any input from you all........

Last edited by bithbheo; Jun 27th 2010 at 1:51 pm. Reason: mistake
Old Jun 27th 2010, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

kenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: recent back to UK quotes ??

We just booked NZ van lines from Dunedin full sole use 29ft container $8500 packed and wrapped
Old Jun 28th 2010, 2:07 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Just been quoted by ITS Adelaide to Worcester full pack/unpack.... $7500
20ft container.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

bithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nice

Thank you very much for the info it has given us a ball park figure to play with........hope you both settle well and quick back home......
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bithbheo
Hi there ....well seems at last DH has managed to be on the same page as me and decided is time to go home
feels like I am listening to all of his reasons to go back that I was telling him last year .....
so was wondering if any of you recent returnies can give me an idea of how much they were quoted for a 20ft container fron Brissie to UK.....
have been looking through old posts but would appreciate any input from you all........
Hi we just moved from Perth to the UK and we used Chess....we did get 3 quotes and for a 20ft container we paid just over $4000, we negotiated on the price and so far have been pleased with the result our container arrived in Folkestone about 5 weeks after it was packed.....the company here in the UK is Brittania.....good luck and honestly we are loving being back home....
Old Jun 29th 2010, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi we just moved from Perth to the UK and we used Chess....we did get 3 quotes and for a 20ft container we paid just over $4000, we negotiated on the price and so far have been pleased with the result our container arrived in Folkestone about 5 weeks after it was packed.....the company here in the UK is Brittania.....good luck and honestly we are loving being back home....
Thanks for that and am so glad you are loving it back home sounds like the summer there has been great so far.........am looking forward to being back there after 23 long years here......we are the last of the family to go back son, daughter ,parents and sister have all gone back already so looking forward to being near enough to visit and be visted when we want to .without 24 hours of flying ......
Old Sep 7th 2010, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Brits can I just confirm $4000K for 20ft???
Old Sep 8th 2010, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Brits can I just confirm $4000K for 20ft???
Sorry only just seen this message....nope it was $5000K...sorry we added more items that were expensive so the price went up....I forgot about that...(must of wanted to wish the extra $1,000)..to tell you the truth I wish now we had just sold those items as we have seen some lovely items just as nice here but way cheaper....just our luck...my advice for what it is worth (not a lot to some..lol) is bring back what you really think you will need...anything you are not going to use straight away get rid of.....plus I would certainly do a shared container...by the time I found an area that we wanted to rent it was some weeks and I could of done with a lot longer before our things arrived....but hey hoe...we are very happy were we are renting and thats all that counts in the end....
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

We had $7250 Perth to Scotland last month excluding insurance. We went with Letton Percival again for that. HTH.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Sorry only just seen this message....nope it was $5000K...sorry we added more items that were expensive so the price went up....I forgot about that...(must of wanted to wish the extra $1,000)..to tell you the truth I wish now we had just sold those items as we have seen some lovely items just as nice here but way cheaper....just our luck...my advice for what it is worth (not a lot to some..lol) is bring back what you really think you will need...anything you are not going to use straight away get rid of.....plus I would certainly do a shared container...by the time I found an area that we wanted to rent it was some weeks and I could of done with a lot longer before our things arrived....but hey hoe...we are very happy were we are renting and thats all that counts in the end....
Wow you did very well with the price. I've never got it below $7k for quotes.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 10:59 am
ble
Forum Regular

ble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kingseat
We had $7250 Perth to Scotland last month excluding insurance. We went with Letton Percival again for that. HTH.
Just out of curiosity - what size of container was that. I am assuming 20ft.

Thanks
Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Wow you did very well with the price. I've never got it below $7k for quotes.
I haggled....I had 3 quotes...Kent, Chess and Grace...all started In the late 6000 to 7000....just phoned them all back with their best prices and then Chess came back with that offer....they did tell me they were starting to get very busy with returnees...much busier than they had been in years...so maybe they do not have to fight for your custom...I do know it took a while for our delivery date once we informed them of our address as they had deliveries all over the UK and was put on a waiting list for about 4 weeks....IF there is anything you really do not need straight away....don't bring it...items here are very cheap..or a lot cheaper than we found in Perth...the less you bring the cheaper it becomes....good luck
Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bithbheo
Thanks for that and am so glad you are loving it back home sounds like the summer there has been great so far.........am looking forward to being back there after 23 long years here......we are the last of the family to go back son, daughter ,parents and sister have all gone back already so looking forward to being near enough to visit and be visted when we want to .without 24 hours of flying ......
Yes it is lovely to be near family....I was shopping with my MIL and having a coffee and I just thought it was lovely (yes even with my MIL...lol) being able to do that...and seeing my sister and brother....well the icing on the cake...saying that we all live a 20 min drive away from each other....far/close enough ...which works really well.....my In laws are a bit nearer....too near...only joking...but yes it's lovely to have family around you.....
Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ble
Just out of curiosity - what size of container was that. I am assuming 20ft.

Thanks
Yes, sorry full use of 20 foot.