Wikiposts

Is this Really an Issue?

Old Nov 9th 2003, 2:28 pm
Release the hounds!

AndrewR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is this Really an Issue?

Originally posted by flashman
Actually I was doing fine in the UK minus adventure and stuck in a nice secure well paying rut at the age of 28.

I am sure that your perspective of unlimited opportunities in the UK is debatable and would be of interest to other ex-pats like Tom Jones, Julie Andrews, Rod Stewart etc.

Indeed. And look at all those canadians like Mike Myers, Jim Carrey, Neve Campbell et al all currently living in....oh wait a sec, they're all down in the USA. Oops!
by the way, thank you for so eloquently proving the point that all those other posters were trying to make...
Old Nov 9th 2003, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

BigBill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by daisymoll
I actually find it noisier living over in Canada. No one seems to adhere to any sort of noise codes, especially during the summer late at night. Our neighbours often make alot of noise at around 2-3am in the morning (He works for Sony and like to test out how great and lud his stereo can go) and there is one guy I affectionately call Karaoke Man because he insists on singing on a karaoke machine full pelt late at night many times during the summer. We live in one of the nicer neighbourhoods as well so I hate to think what it would be like elsewhere.

Obviously this is going to happen in the UK as well, but I really haven't has that much trouble in the past.

Funnily enough we found that as well, although we lived in quite a nice neighbourhood. Always assumed it was just one of the quirks of the area, but maybe not.
Now happily esconced back in a small village where any noise after nine pm is unusual. Maybe we've been lucky.
Are you still heading back home Daisy? How are you getting on right now?
Old Nov 9th 2003, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

daisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to all

Originally posted by BigBill
Funnily enough we found that as well, although we lived in quite a nice neighbourhood. Always assumed it was just one of the quirks of the area, but maybe not.
Now happily esconced back in a small village where any noise after nine pm is unusual. Maybe we've been lucky.
Are you still heading back home Daisy? How are you getting on right now?
Yep, only just over four weeks to go. I do feel a bit nervous about it, but I think that that is because it is just another change. As my husband says we can always move back if we hate it, but I doubt we will... Has been very cold here recently so that is a one reminder of why we don't want to be here!!

The noise thing is true, we were very surprised about it...
Old Nov 9th 2003, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by AndrewR
Indeed. And look at all those canadians like Mike Myers, Jim Carrey, Neve Campbell et al all currently living in....oh wait a sec, they're all down in the USA. Oops!
by the way, thank you for so eloquently proving the point that all those other posters were trying to make...

I was merely replying to your provocative comment "I reckon that if you had got on with things in the UK you could have done whatever you wanted to do, and would have had the opportunity's to do what you wanted. " implying that the UK is a land of opportunity and that I was negligent in not pursuing my opportunities.

Again this is debatable however I did not state the same rationale also applies to anyone leaving Canada because I simply don't agree with it.
Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:19 am
Release the hounds!

AndrewR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by flashman
I was merely replying to your provocative comment "I reckon that if you had got on with things in the UK you could have done whatever you wanted to do, and would have had the opportunity's to do what you wanted. " implying that the UK is a land of opportunity and that I was negligent in not pursuing my opportunities.

Provocative? Oh for heavens sake flash. I remember you once posted something about how you were surprised at the fragility of some of the posters ego's on this forum. I think you need to heed your own advice there.
As for the point I was trying to make it still holds, despite your twisting of my words. Britain has provided a heap of opportunities, both for people like my mum and dad and indeed for a lot of immigrants. I was fortunate enough that my mum and dad took advantage of those opportunities, they got on with it and took them and as a result now have a great lifestyle in the UK.
Old Nov 10th 2003, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

BigBill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by daisymoll
Yep, only just over four weeks to go. I do feel a bit nervous about it, but I think that that is because it is just another change. As my husband says we can always move back if we hate it, but I doubt we will... Has been very cold here recently so that is a one reminder of why we don't want to be here!!

The noise thing is true, we were very surprised about it...

All the best Daisy! I'm sure you're looking forward to getting back to be with the family, particularly with a little 'un there. Hope it all works out for you, of course its another big change, but stick with it.
Old Nov 10th 2003, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

daisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to all

Originally posted by BigBill
All the best Daisy! I'm sure you're looking forward to getting back to be with the family, particularly with a little 'un there. Hope it all works out for you, of course its another big change, but stick with it.
Thanks for that, its nice to get some positive feedback for a change....