Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Is it really that difficult a question

Wikiposts

Is it really that difficult a question

Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it really that difficult a question

Originally Posted by mellybrown
yes i hate my job - who doesnt blah blah

but anyway, when I ask you if you need a bag - there really are only 2 answers - YES or KNOW

if I hear "I don't know" one more time I will scream - is it that difficult to think about - do you want to carry your crap in a bag or not!!!

Or then of course there are the people who look at you as if you are crazy and its their god given right to have a bag "well, YEAH!" - becuase of course you bought a tiny little napkin and you cant fit it in that gigantic purse you are lugging around

or maybe "whatever you think, i dont mind" - I am asking you if you want one, you really dont need to know what I think!!

URGH!!!! Thank god I have 2 weeks off now!!!!!!!!!!

rant over lol - i need to get out of retail!!!
I bought those green bags (the fabric reusable) go through the self check and bag my own. I got tired of telling the cashiers not to put cans bottle etc in top of my bread or produce.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:53 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mellybrown
yes i hate my job - who doesnt blah blah

but anyway, when I ask you if you need a bag - there really are only 2 answers - YES or KNOW

if I hear "I don't know" one more time I will scream - is it that difficult to think about - do you want to carry your crap in a bag or not!!!

Or then of course there are the people who look at you as if you are crazy and its their god given right to have a bag "well, YEAH!" - becuase of course you bought a tiny little napkin and you cant fit it in that gigantic purse you are lugging around

or maybe "whatever you think, i dont mind" - I am asking you if you want one, you really dont need to know what I think!!

URGH!!!! Thank god I have 2 weeks off now!!!!!!!!!!

rant over lol - i need to get out of retail!!!
Can I have a bag?
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ukintexas
With regard to people bagging for me, I am still so not used to that, even after four years of living here. I feel completely lazy just standing there having someone do it for me - makes me really uncomfortable!
Yeah I find it really weird too. What about this carrying it out to the car for you business?
The other day I was behind a man, age about 30 ish. He only bought about 3 things and he had the bag person carry the one bag out to his car for him. Why?

I usually use the self check outs these days. I usually feel a bit bad, like i'm causing someone to not have a job. But i just prefer it.

Also people who check out, etc while still talking on their cell phone deserve to be punched in the face.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
I bought those green bags (the fabric reusable) go through the self check and bag my own. I got tired of telling the cashiers not to put cans bottle etc in top of my bread or produce.
I deliberately lay out products in the order I want them bagged when they go down the conveyer belt.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My pet checkout peeve is people...usually women...who stand there while the clerk scans the purchases...then watches them being bagged. Then starts to search in her handbag for her purse. Even worse...she pulls out a bloody cheque book.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:39 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
I deliberately lay out products in the order I want them bagged when they go down the conveyer belt.
I do exactly the same thing...bread and eggs are always last on the belt..
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My pet checkout peeve is people...usually women...who stand there while the clerk scans the purchases...then watches them being bagged. Then starts to search in her handbag for her purse. Even worse...she pulls out a bloody cheque book.
or....or..or..(hyperventilating now) decides she wants to pay for one half of the shopping with one check and the other with another check....happened to me the other night...nearly throttled the stupid b*tch!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:53 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonrob
Can I have a bag?
No. No bag for you, Sprout Boy!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:57 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by orangemirror
What about this carrying it out to the car for you business?
At our local grocery store, many of those positions are held by young people with learning difficulties. It gives them a job and an opportunity to interact with others in the community in a way that is NOT centered on their "special needs". I think it's a great idea.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:18 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

some of the baggers we have here are lovely..one little old guy is about 90 and he loves to serenade you whilst he works..and for such a small guy he has the most amazing big voice (think Pavorotti)..

he makes me blush every time I go in..

P.S can't stand the ignorant gits that are on their important phone call to their girlfriends talking about the hot guy from last night..and expect every staff member to do their bidding without them even saying please and thank you..
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
some of the baggers we have here are lovely..one little old guy is about 90 and he loves to serenade you whilst he works..and for such a small guy he has the most amazing big voice (think Pavorotti)..

he makes me blush every time I go in..

P.S can't stand the ignorant gits that are on their important phone call to their girlfriends talking about the hot guy from last night..and expect every staff member to do their bidding without them even saying please and thank you..
Lofty?
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:25 pm
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

At the supermarket i work at i Cashier and bag. I don't see how people can be shit at bagging seeing as it is the easiest job in the whole store.

The customers at my store are so ****ing snobby its ridiculous. Ill be there putting a whole cart full of shopping away and they will just stand there watching me do it like there is some sort of law against them grabbing a bag and helping out. Meanwhile the people in the line are looking at me like I'm the bad guy ... shitheads.

I think the whole bagger idea is total bullshit, it gives people a false sense of entitlement. It makes them feel like they are king and gives them a false sense of authority. Then people wonder why the customers come through bitching all the time. You spoil them they just want more, just like kids.

At the end of the day as long as i get my money on Thursday I'm fine

Last edited by YoungSteve17; Jun 11th 2009 at 12:30 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:31 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
No. No bag for you, Sprout Boy!
Humph!!! :curse:
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:32 pm
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Lofty?

no this guy is definately nicer looking..
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:32 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

I always bag my own if I can. Saves on broken eggs and squashed bread.

And as was mentioned above, some of the handicapped folks who do the bagging, are always more helpfull, and more careful. I remember last summer, one young lass, bless her, was trying to offer me one of the drinks I'd purchased while we were waiting to checkout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.