Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Random ramblings coz I;m off work sick

Wikiposts

Random ramblings coz I;m off work sick

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:55 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random ramblings coz I;m off work sick

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
I'm seeing the Arctic Monkeys on sunday! Saw them last month in Milwaukee as well. They're the reason I'm in the US as it happens. Long story.

Enjoy!
You lucky barsteward. I missed out on seeing them a couple of years back at the Avalon next to Fenway in Boston. I am still well pissed off about that.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:57 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
The buggers just keep multiplying around here
Ever go to Sunday River mate bloody place gets overrun by bus loads of English kids every year. I should work up there at least I would be able to tell them where the lift was.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:55 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burn1911
The Doves is one of my ALL TIME Favorite bands, I have seen them live plenty and they never fail to please ..
This was the first time I'd seen them although I'd been a fan since their first album came out. They were great live - a certain energy that many bands don't quite manage - and I would definitely make the effort again.

In terms of what extra a band can bring to a live performance my favourite band remains Super Furry Animals though...
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:21 am
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Apparantly all the English people are in Atlanta!! I get a couple of different ones every week at work!! We have a few regulars and then every now and then I'll catch an accent....

There was a very fine looking gentleman with a very nice london accent just yesterday......usually its women tho!!

They mostly dont strike up conversations with me though, either they dont wanna talk England or I look ike a pitbull
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:50 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mellybrown
There was a very fine looking gentleman with a very nice london accent just yesterday......usually he's women tho!!
Cross dresser??
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:55 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
This was the first time I'd seen them although I'd been a fan since their first album came out. They were great live - a certain energy that many bands don't quite manage - and I would definitely make the effort again.

In terms of what extra a band can bring to a live performance my favourite band remains Super Furry Animals though...
The best band I have seen live recently were "Maximo Park" talk about energy - if you like the Doves you would like these also! if the opportunity arrives go for it!! Snow Patrol were good too, the lead singer was VERY funny!!!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:29 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burn1911
The best band I have seen live recently were "Maximo Park" talk about energy - if you like the Doves you would like these also! if the opportunity arrives go for it!! Snow Patrol were good too, the lead singer was VERY funny!!!
I think I have Maximo Park on my iPod - will check.

I've seen Snow Patrol a number of times - all back in the UK. Agree that Gary Lightbody is very funny onstage. None can beat the charismatic on-stage presence of Jarvis Cocker though. I saw Pulp 10 times and they had an incredible stage presence. I really enjoyed their shows (usually from right down at the front!)

Suede were also fun to watch. Did you ever have the pleasure?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 4:24 am
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
I think I have Maximo Park on my iPod - will check.

I've seen Snow Patrol a number of times - all back in the UK. Agree that Gary Lightbody is very funny onstage. None can beat the charismatic on-stage presence of Jarvis Cocker though. I saw Pulp 10 times and they had an incredible stage presence. I really enjoyed their shows (usually from right down at the front!)

Suede were also fun to watch. Did you ever have the pleasure?
Never seen Suede, but saw Pulp once at Glastonbury - well I saw that I "saw" them I think I heard them from a distance and saw a few figures far away!!

A couple years ago we went to see Roger Waters "Dark Side of the Moon", and not being a huge Floyd fan I wasn't keen, but OMG I had the BEST time and vowed next time they are in town I will go again - FANTASTIC!!!! (obviously duhhh)