RAINY AND SUNNY UK?

Old Jun 17th 2007, 11:20 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default RAINY AND SUNNY UK?

What region of the UK has the best weather?Which area has the rainiest climate in the UK?Does Manchester and Liverpool have fewer sunny days compared to southern UK?Is Edinburgh Scotland like living in rainy Seattle Washington? How is the weather in London compared to Manchester?

Thanks
Old Jun 17th 2007, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

liverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to all
Default Re: RAINY AND SUNNY UK?

I would say that the south east of England is the warmest and sunniest part of the UK. There is espcially a noticeable difference in the temperature in the summer when it may be 27 degrees and humid in the southeast but only 20 and not humid in the north west. Manchester and Liverpool do get more rain than the southeast. I lived in Liverpool for 5 years and in Epsom, Surrey for 5 years before then and the weather in Surrey is definately warmer in the summer. I wore my coat all year round pretty much in Liverpool whereas in Epsom it would often get quite hot and humid inthe summer. In the winter there isn't really much of a difference - ie cold both ends of the country. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

megansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond repute

well newcastle is pretty cold at the moment!!

Defo warmer down south!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:34 pm

JakeG is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by liverpool girl
I would say that the south east of England is the warmest and sunniest part of the UK.
I would agree with the above (although the south west is probably just as sunny/warm), however because the UK is small relative to somewhere like the US the regional differences in the weather are no where near as big. Check out http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/ for some hard stats.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:40 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I vaguely remember reading somewhere a long time ago that Bournemouth was Britains sunniest place, but maybe different now.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 4:17 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Would you say it rains more than 100 days a year in the London area?Trying to figure out why the Brits hate the weather in the UK.Maybe its just the northern regions that has a bad reputation for difficult weather.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 5:14 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I've never had a problem with the English weather...being a biker I can't remember many really bad summers...you kinda remember getting wet on a bike...

I've always lived in the South....
Old Jun 17th 2007, 6:45 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
What region of the UK has the best weather?Which area has the rainiest climate in the UK?Does Manchester and Liverpool have fewer sunny days compared to southern UK?Is Edinburgh Scotland like living in rainy Seattle Washington? How is the weather in London compared to Manchester?

Thanks
I can tell you that Glasgow is rainier than Edinburgh but Edinburgh is very windy most of the time. Glasgow being in a valley is slightly warmer than Edinburgh and as it can get very windy. Edinburgh's weather doesn't really change much from season to season, it gets slightly colder in winter and slightly warmer in summer. Right now Edinburgh is currently 15 degrees and not too windy.

Just thought I'd let you know if your interested.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 7:43 pm
Account Closed

whalewatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

If it's warmth you're after, the Isle of Wight is the sunniest place. They manage to grow grapes and make wine, nice beaches and countryside. Plenty of rain in the winter, but rarely bitterly cold.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
Would you say it rains more than 100 days a year in the London area?Trying to figure out why the Brits hate the weather in the UK.Maybe its just the northern regions that has a bad reputation for difficult weather.
Yes.

Even the south is rainy and the skies can be very grey.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

I'm currently living in Vancouver and I used to live in the South of England and the rain here in Vancouver is just non stop for at least 80% of the year!

The difference I have found is that when it rains in Vancouver it just goes on and on whereas in England it rains for a while, then stops, you get some sunny days then it might shower again. I think it was the 2005/6 winter that it broke all records in Vancouver as it rained solid for 8 weeks! Give me English weather anyday
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
I've never had a problem with the English weather...being a biker I can't remember many really bad summers...you kinda remember getting wet on a bike...

I've always lived in the South....
oh i can remember last summer...lovely first 2/3 weeks of July then from around the 2Oth poured down, seemed to never end till beginning of Sept. I remember this as I broke up from work on the 20 July and went back beg of Sept Mind i live in the frozen north so maybe not everyone experienced what i did, buggar and i came back to the north as well and its rained everyday since last monday!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 11:20 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lollyno1
oh i can remember last summer...lovely first 2/3 weeks of July then from around the 2Oth poured down, seemed to never end till beginning of Sept. I remember this as I broke up from work on the 20 July and went back beg of Sept Mind i live in the frozen north so maybe not everyone experienced what i did, buggar and i came back to the north as well and its rained everyday since last monday!
I in MA USA...I had my heating on last week...can't ever remember having it on so late in the UK..
Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:06 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by lollyno1
I remember my family complaining about the hot 2-3 weeks of summer they had last year in the UK. For god's sake it was only in the late 20's. And short lived. Why they complained i don't know. They complain about the cold too. Can't win!
Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:47 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

There are many microclimates in the UK for such a relatively small place.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feature...tland_02.shtml

Palm Trees
The west coast of Scotland has its very own weather phenomenon that results in unusually high temperatures and flourishing Palm trees. One place affected by this is the small fishing village of Plockton.
Plockton, an 18th century planned village is one of the most beautifully situated villages in Scotland. Not only is it surrounded by mountains but it also enjoys a mild climate. This mild climate can be attributed to several factors. Firstly the village can be found on the east side of a great headland protruding out of Loch Carron, and therefore enjoys a position that protects it from sea gales. Secondly, it enjoys the warm waters of the Gulf Stream which make landfall on the west coast of Scotland. Hence, the reason its pretty harbour is unexpectedly fringed with Palm trees.

Incidentally, the BBC website has loads of information on the UK on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.