Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Rabies Titre Test-Take Two!

Rabies Titre Test-Take Two!

Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:08 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rabies Titre Test-Take Two!

Originally Posted by TaraC
Ok. Just got off the phone with DEFRA and USDA, and kitty is fine. Their big concern is that the microchip, vacc and test be done in the right order (which they were, thank goodness), and that she passed the test. According to DEFRA, they "advise" a 30-day wait, but it isn't a legal requirement. Holy cow, need to go have a very large drink now!!!

Kate: I'm sorry you had to go through this twice. I think my USDA office isn't as strict as yours!

Glad you are okay to go! These rules are a nightmare, but at least my baby seems to be handling it all well. I, however, am not!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rabies Titre Test-Take Two!

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
Glad you are okay to go! These rules are a nightmare, but at least my baby seems to be handling it all well. I, however, am not!
Well, I'm ok to go as far as I know -- there's always that little voice inside my head that says, "what else haven't I done?". I won't feel good about this until they're through the animal centre at Heathrow.

Now we're thinking about getting our dog done as well, so that she's ready whenever my husband gets ready to come over. He won't be there for at least a year, but I think I'm going to get her vaccination and test done anyway so he can come over at a moment's notice. He wanted to wait until he knew if he was coming over, but that would mean another six-month wait until we were together. She's already microchipped, so if I get a 3-year vacc like last time, that should be ok, right? I heard that as long as we don't get overdue on her vaccinations, we can just keep the quarantine going. Do you know if that's right?