Reload this Page >

Quick update on shipping back to UK from Aus

Wikiposts

Quick update on shipping back to UK from Aus

Old May 6th 2004, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

estarriol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick update on shipping back to UK from Aus

I'm using Jetta (www.jetta.com.au) based on suggestions from this forum, and the delivery guy took my 3 boxes a couple of hours ago.

They are shipped by air to my home airport (heathrow), 2 hours after the guy picked them up I was phoned and told which day they should be arriving, which is 8 days away. That's damn fast for international shipping.

Total cost for 3 full tea-chest sized boxes, 75 kilos of assorted stuff, was less than $600, with all taxes paid and some insurance. I'd much rather pay a bit more to get my stuff 7-8 weeks earlier than sending it on a boat.

So far, I'm very impressed with the service. Will let you know how it goes at the other end.
Old May 6th 2004, 7:29 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick update on shipping back to UK from Aus

Originally posted by estarriol
I'm using Jetta (www.jetta.com.au) based on suggestions from this forum, and the delivery guy took my 3 boxes a couple of hours ago.

They are shipped by air to my home airport (heathrow), 2 hours after the guy picked them up I was phoned and told which day they should be arriving, which is 8 days away. That's damn fast for international shipping.

Total cost for 3 full tea-chest sized boxes, 75 kilos of assorted stuff, was less than $600, with all taxes paid and some insurance. I'd much rather pay a bit more to get my stuff 7-8 weeks earlier than sending it on a boat.

So far, I'm very impressed with the service. Will let you know how it goes at the other end.
Excellent I have had an Aussie friend use them and she said they were great..or perhaps AWESOME...arggghhhhh just had to say it.

So when is it you head home?? and where about's is home in UK??
Old May 6th 2004, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Pants
So when is it you head home?? and where about's is home in UK??
I head home tomorrow at around lunchtime, although I won't be in the UK until Wednesday. 'Home' is currently my parents' house in SW London.

I can't wait. I'm mostly nervous about my ex - I'm pretty sure she's gonna make a major scene at the airport tomorrow, and I'm worried she won't be OK. Them's the breaks though I suppose.

That, and I didn't arrange shipping for my full-size 6ft Muay Thai punchbag. Not sure if I'm gonna be able to do anything about that, and I'll miss it a lot if I don't have it...
Old May 6th 2004, 8:10 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

I head home tomorrow at around lunchtime, although I won't be in the UK until Wednesday. 'Home' is currently my parents' house in SW London.

I can't wait. I'm mostly nervous about my ex - I'm pretty sure she's gonna make a major scene at the airport tomorrow, and I'm worried she won't be OK. Them's the breaks though I suppose.

That, and I didn't arrange shipping for my full-size 6ft Muay Thai punchbag. Not sure if I'm gonna be able to do anything about that, and I'll miss it a lot if I don't have it...

Maybe the Ex will come out with the bag eh !!bet that would make your day. You must be doing a few stop overs on way back??

Well I wish you lots of luck back home. I am heading back August so will keep looking for people's posts about " how life is back home".

Good luck and keep us posted

Cheers

Pants
Old May 6th 2004, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Maybe the Ex will come out with the bag eh !!bet that would make your day.
Thanks for the sobering thought. I was thinking of asking her to ship it....

You must be doing a few stop overs on way back??
Just Hong Kong, for 3 days, on recommendations from here.

Well I wish you lots of luck back home. I am heading back August so will keep looking for people's posts about " how life is back home".

Good luck and keep us posted
Will do. I really think we should organise a get-together drink for returnees...
Old May 6th 2004, 8:39 pm
Live the moment

Thanks for the sobering thought. I was thinking of asking her to ship it....

Just Hong Kong, for 3 days, on recommendations from here.

Will do. I really think we should organise a get-together drink for returnees...

We sure will be getting together for a meet up...so keep in touch ok be good to meet everyone at last. !!... what part of SW london??

P
Old May 6th 2004, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

We sure will be getting together for a meet up...so keep in touch ok be good to meet everyone at last. !!... what part of SW london??

P
Streatham, jewel of the south.
Old May 6th 2004, 8:48 pm
Live the moment

Streatham, jewel of the south.
I used to go ice skating there with my sisters back when we were nippers. I worked in Croydon and lived in Caterham and Coulsdon...small world isn't it.!!!
Old May 6th 2004, 9:03 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

I head home tomorrow at around lunchtime
Lucky you. Good luck and I hope you keep in touch!!

I'am using Wridgeways for our 20ft container. It's costing $5900 plus the insurance which is 3% of anything we want insuring.

We only had a few boxes when we arrived but had to buy everything again. Not making that mistake again so decided to ship everything back!

Take care
Old May 7th 2004, 3:47 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck estarriol. hope things with your ex pass off peacefully.