British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Questions about FLR (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/questions-about-flr-891541/)

Foffion Feb 13th 2017 3:37 pm

Questions about FLR

Hello,
my husband needs to renew his spouse visa so he needs to to an extension to remain.

Which are the steps please?
This is what I believe the steps are:
- Send form with payment details
- At one point do his new English Exam level A2 with one of the approved test centres
- Receive a letter for the biometrics and do them
- Book appointment to go there and take all the documentation with us (how and when should we book?)
- Wait for a result.

Am I missing something?

On the form it asks: 9.12 Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous UK immigration application
made in the UK or abroad?Thanks.

My husband had his fingerprints taken in Tokyo for his first visa, on the form they then proceed asking the date when the fingerprints were taken. I don't remember, what should I do? They also ask: 9.15 Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was or were made
abroad

How am I supposed to remember these things? If he has had his fingerprints taken in Tokyo for his first visa, does this mean that we don't have to do the biometrics again?

Thanks

Vivien

michali Feb 13th 2017 6:05 pm

Re: Questions about FLR

Yes, he does have to redo his biometrics each time he applies for a visa. If he cannot remember the exact date when the last biometrics were done, give an approximate date. It would have been close to the date of his previous application. Where was his application processed last time?

Foffion Feb 13th 2017 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by michali (Post 12178889)
Yes, he does have to redo his biometrics each time he applies for a visa. If he cannot remember the exact date when the last biometrics were done, give an approximate date. It would have been close to the date of his previous application. Where was his application processed last time?

He applied in Tokyo but the application was processed in Manila. He did the biometrics in Tokyo.
Have you done the FLR visa before? Would you please know at which point of the application one should do the biometrics? My understanding is that we go to the post office, pay and do the biometrics, receive a reference number for the biometrics we have taken and put this number in the application form for the visa.
Is this correct?
Thanks.

michali Feb 13th 2017 6:32 pm

No, if you are posting your application, you will firstly pay for the Health surcharge, then fill out the application form, post it and, in a few days, you should receive a letter from UKVI telling you to go to the post office to do biometrics. I am not sure if they specify which post office as we did our application at a PSC. At the post office you pay about £20 for the biometrics which are then forwarded to UKVI by the post office.

Foffion Feb 13th 2017 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by michali (Post 12178912)
No, if you are posting your application, you will firstly pay for the Health surcharge, then fill out the application form, post it and, in a few days, you should receive a letter from UKVI telling you to go to the post office to do biometrics. I am not sure if they specify which post office as we did our application at a PSC. At the post office you pay about £20 for the biometrics which are then forwarded to UKVI by the post office.

Fantastic, thanks very much for your help!

michali Feb 13th 2017 7:42 pm

You are welcome. Certainly happy to help if you have any further questions I can answer.

Foffion Feb 13th 2017 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by michali (Post 12178958)
You are welcome. Certainly happy to help if you have any further questions I can answer.

I will, don't worry! :p