Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Question about tourist visa for Sri Lanka citizen

Question about tourist visa for Sri Lanka citizen

Old Jul 23rd 2022, 7:39 am
Just Joined

ratnam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about tourist visa for Sri Lanka citizen

My neighbor is a Danish citizen, married a woman from Sri Lanka and having her Srilankan Pasport nearly 20 years but she has her permanent residence permit here in Denmark.
She has applied for UK tourist visa in February through TLS Copenhagen and finished interview and Biometrics processes and was said her application was sent to UKVI in march and also was given her Identifikation codes. Unfortunately she did not receive her passport until now. She has already sent nearly 10 emails asking her visa application and got reply that processing was going on. My question is why they should take so much of time to complete the process. They can issue visa or reject it or they need more documents they can aske her. If anyone have experience like this. She wanted to make complain about unfair processing time. Where she can make complain? Because of the replies from the UKVI she has a doubt that her passport has been misplaced or lost.
Old Jul 23rd 2022, 8:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about tourist visa for Sri Lanka citizen

Originally Posted by ratnam
My neighbor is a Danish citizen, married a woman from Sri Lanka and having her Srilankan Pasport nearly 20 years but she has her permanent residence permit here in Denmark.
She has applied for UK tourist visa in February through TLS Copenhagen and finished interview and Biometrics processes and was said her application was sent to UKVI in march and also was given her Identifikation codes. Unfortunately she did not receive her passport until now. She has already sent nearly 10 emails asking her visa application and got reply that processing was going on. My question is why they should take so much of time to complete the process. They can issue visa or reject it or they need more documents they can aske her. If anyone have experience like this. She wanted to make complain about unfair processing time. Where she can make complain? Because of the replies from the UKVI she has a doubt that her passport has been misplaced or lost.
Hi, I've moved your post to your own thread, as you'd posted it on a thread about spouse visas so it may be missed tagged on to the end of an unrelated thread.

I don't think she can complain about unfair processing times as it will take as long it takes unfortunately, there's no limit. She's only just over the processing time for most 'average' applications, I'm guessing her background checks are just taking a bit longer. Hopefully she'll hear from them soon.

HTH.
Old Sep 14th 2022, 11:33 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about tourist visa for Sri Lanka citizen

Was her passport returned?