British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   question about dog and rentals (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/question-about-dog-rentals-464866/)

gingajoy Jul 9th 2007 6:51 pm

question about dog and rentals

hi all, we're just embarking on all the loveliness that is the PETS scheme for our pooch (moving from the U.S.) . We plan to rent the first year or so. How hard is it to find a decent house rental that allows pets? (we're headed for the Greater Manchester area).

Tina Baker Jul 9th 2007 7:21 pm

Re: question about dog and rentals

To be honest with you we found it really hard. We seemed to find that most places accepted a cat or two but dogs were frowned upon. Mind you we have 2 cats, a dog and a toddler so we were asking quite alot! There are places around though it just takes abit of ringing around and perhaps a compromise on the type of house or area.......Good luck though!

dunroving Jul 9th 2007 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by gingajoy (Post 5032102)
hi all, we're just embarking on all the loveliness that is the PETS scheme for our pooch (moving from the U.S.) . We plan to rent the first year or so. How hard is it to find a decent house rental that allows pets? (we're headed for the Greater Manchester area).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=pet+rental

gingajoy Jul 9th 2007 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by dunroving (Post 5032418)

ah! I knew I'd seen that thread somewhere--thanks!

Kath & Graham Jul 10th 2007 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Tina Baker (Post 5032194)
To be honest with you we found it really hard. We seemed to find that most places accepted a cat or two but dogs were frowned upon. Mind you we have 2 cats, a dog and a toddler so we were asking quite alot! There are places around though it just takes abit of ringing around and perhaps a compromise on the type of house or area.......Good luck though!

How are you getting on Tina we were all wondering???

Hope things are good...

Kath x

Tina Baker Jul 10th 2007 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham (Post 5035232)
How are you getting on Tina we were all wondering???

Hope things are good...

Kath x

Hi We are all fine and dandy! Nathan STILL has no job though.........seems like the nice people in IT employment don't think that 3 years work in Australia is relevant! They just want to know what he was doing before he left.......its getting a little boring now! Still he has a few applications in and an interview coming up in 3 weeks so fingers crossed..........
Jack and I are loving it being back, we both get to see lots more people and he has even started stopping over at Nathans Mums some Friday nights which mean we can go out and do grown-up things together!! Unheard of in Perth! Its been raining loads but it really isn't bothering me that much! We just get our raincoats and wellies on and go out anyway!
All our house stuff arrived safe and sound (big thanks to Kent!) and so the rented house feels abit more like home. Animals are all well settled and loving it, even my Ozzy mad cat spends loads of time out in the garden chasing birds and climbing trees!
Hows yer sore bits Kath??! When are you coming home??! We really will have a meet up for a gin or two when you get here! Hang on in there the rest of you and take it from me that coming back was the best thing! XX

Kath & Graham Jul 11th 2007 7:54 am

So glad your settled, fingers crossed job comes up soon.

My sore bits are ok, LOL... still waiting to sell house, BTW Laura got her citizenship this week, very weird as we all booked to go together and her certificate came through all by itself:(due to go in a few months) confused: so anyhow shes happy enough...

Fed up and just playing the waiting game now.......

Kath

PS would be great to meet up:thumbup: