Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

quaranteen costs for cats?

quaranteen costs for cats?

Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

stubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura about
Default quaranteen costs for cats?

anyone able to tell me what is costs to do this for cats?
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:46 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: quaranteen costs for cats?

Originally Posted by stubby1974
anyone able to tell me what is costs to do this for cats?
For cats coming back to the UK or for staying in OZ when you arrive?

We bought two cats back from Perth but they didnt do quarantine as they had rabies vaccines instead, but has to be done 7 months before you travel to avoid quarantine here on arrival.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

stubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura about

from canada to uk....

having problems with timescalesd for pet passoport
Old Jan 8th 2006, 3:01 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

from canada to uk....

ok, I know the going rate for our two cats to be boarded together for a week was (last August when we visited Scotland) ten pounds a day. It was six pounds for one cat on its own.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 3:54 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

from canada to uk....

As JaneyRay said, you need about 7 months (6 months after the positive rabies titer test)
Old Jan 9th 2006, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of

go here; http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quar...t-info/map.htm

- many of the q. kennels have linked web sites with tariffs.

G.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janeyray
ok, I know the going rate for our two cats to be boarded together for a week was (last August when we visited Scotland) ten pounds a day. It was six pounds for one cat on its own.
Blimey that makes the pet passport seem really cheap!!

I am off to get my animals done next month..

Can we bring rabbits back cos they don't do Mixy jabs here
Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Blimey that makes the pet passport seem really cheap!!

I am off to get my animals done next month..

Can we bring rabbits back cos they don't do Mixy jabs here
Rabbits cannot qualify for PETS, so require normal quarantine.

I believe that myxomatosis and viral haemorrhagic diarrhoea disease [VHD] vaccinations are not nec. pre import [since both diseases are endemic in the UK] - but check with DEFRA when you apply for the import licence, they will provide all the conditions.

However be aware some breeds are not allowed [tho' all rabbits in Oz are prob. European anyway!] See link and quote below;

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quar...er-mammals.htm

'Rabbits are not only controlled by the above mentioned Order but also by the Non-Indigenous Rabbits (Prohibition of Importation and Keeping) Order 1954 which prohibits the importation into, or keeping within Great Britain of all species of rabbits, other than the European species.'

G
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:35 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

check out local RSPCA kennels they are the cheapest. If you phone your local one they will give you all the info and prices you need or check the DEFRA site for listings.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scottish
check out local RSPCA kennels they are the cheapest. If you phone your local one they will give you all the info and prices you need or check the DEFRA site for listings.

?. No RSPCA kennels do quarantine [no premises are to that standard], they have bought out the one I used to work at, but it will not be a quarantine kennels. SSPCA Strathclyde is the only 'charity' option I can see.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 12:37 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polyphemus
?. No RSPCA kennels do quarantine [no premises are to that standard], they have bought out the one I used to work at, but it will not be a quarantine kennels. SSPCA Strathclyde is the only 'charity' option I can see.
FYI, my dog spent 6 months with SSPCA "Strathclyde" (actually it was in Dumbarton, presume it was the same one). They were fantastic.

You may not find a suitable quarantine kennel close to where you are (I'm referring to the OP here, BTW). Particularly if it will be for only a month or two, that may not be a problem - they do adjust to you not being around, and in fact I've heard it said that if you visit only every now and again it can actually be worse for the animal (confusing). You get a stress-free first few weeks settling in without worrying about animals, then you get to bring them home after you are all settled.