QM2 booked....again!

Old Mar 1st 2015, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Deejames is on a distinguished road
Default Re: QM2 booked....again!

We're in the process of booking our travel arrangements for November 2015 and really don't want to fly our 3 dogs out, so have looked into the QM 2. Cost wise it's much better than flying anyway, but worried they won't have space for our dogs. Have spoken to Cunard today and they gave me the kennels contact number and email. The number is inaccessible and says please try later, have been trying all day :-(
Waiting for a reply of my email, but reading through this thread, I fear we may be out of luck :-(

Last edited by Deejames; Mar 1st 2015 at 6:08 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Most people have experienced the same thing - ie always full for boarding your pets. BUT I think everyone was able to get their dogs on board as people do cancel. That is perhaps your best shot..This is the way I am going to go home as well. Not for at least 2 years though. Need to save..
Old Mar 1st 2015, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

I really hope so. Will keep trying to contact them tomorrow. Thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

I found email was the best way to contact them or though getting them on the phone was also easy. Have you tried calling the main number and asking to be transferred to the kennel department? Good luck!
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Britwhore.
I've spent a very frustrating day on the phone to Cunard in the Uk and the US.
I was told that Oct, Nov and Dec 2015 kennels were fully booked and astonishingly, so was the first sailing of 2106 on 10th May. No further dates for 2016 have been released yet.
The UK side wouldn't take a booking without availability in the kennels as they don't recognise a wait list. I eventually spoke to the U.S. dept who were so helpful, and have booked on the December crossing as there was only 1 person on the wait list. There are 6 people waiting on the Oct crossing, 4 people waiting on the Nov crossing and 3 already waiting on the early May 2016 crossing.
We have 3 dogs but only need 2 kennels as they're very small. It s a long shot I guess, as we need 3 kennels to be cancelled to accommodate the person ahead of us on the list and ourselves? We have until Sept to cancel to returned our deposit, and we're going to be scanning the website weekly to see when the new dates for 2016 are released, as we may have to try and get on one of those?
I am truly shocked at how far ahead the kennels get booked up, never imagined so many people travelled with their dogs, but now I understand why!
Out of interest, have you cancelled your kennels for your Nov booking?

Last edited by Deejames; Mar 2nd 2015 at 8:09 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

All very annoying but I did manage to get 3 kennels from a cancellation back in 2012! So it does happen yes I'm afraid I already cancelled my Nov crossing.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Oh well, will wait and pray!
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

jaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond repute

We ended up moving from an April to a May sailing because of a cancellation in the kennels. Fingers crossed for you!
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Did you ask to be told of cancellations on other months?
I haven't asked to be on wait list for other months as I believe it can only be the month you're booked on the boat? Although all the other months on either side of our crossing had a longer waiting list, hence why we plumped for Dec :-)
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

jaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife kept in regular touch (aka repeatedly calling) Robert in the kennels team. We were getting close to having to cancel the April booking and he knew we needed to move. The kennel team really go out of their way to help, and once you're onboard the kennel master will love your dogs too!
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

I've already been in touch 'several ' times over the weekend and today, and I have to say, the US side of Cunard and the lady I spoke to in the kennel team, have been fab!!
The british side of Cunard, not so! :-(
I will keep in regular contact with them and hope for the best. Thank you :-)
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

I'm pretty sure the Kennel team was based on the west coast which is why the timing for contact was difficult from the UK. Sounds like you're on the right track!
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Definitely keep emailing Robert - he's super helpful!
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

I will definitely be doing that :-)
Britewhore, I have Pm'd you, I hope you don't mind :-)
Old Mar 4th 2015, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

maddie1959 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi planing on going home after 36 years in Montreal end of May or end of June ,anyone took a cat this way any info on that, luggage, cost etc would be great .