Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Processing times changed.........

Processing times changed.........

Old Jan 19th 2004, 11:30 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Processing times changed.........

Yay!!! Looked at the processing times for Miami I-485 this morning, and they've moved ahead 20 days in one month. Not too bad, but still not fast enough for me!!!!!

To check your local office or SC, click on this link:

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...sp?textFlag=N#

Kate. xxxxxxx
Old Jan 19th 2004, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

21stcenturylove is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Processing times changed.........

Apparently yesterday, 18th January, the case status online pages of the USCIS website was closed for maintenance......one just gets the feeling that things are going to get faster in the near future. Wishful thinking?
Old Jan 19th 2004, 1:24 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Oh god, if thats the case... i don't know when our 129f application will be ready, they are only looking at July 21st for Nebraska.

Which means we've got another 2 months to go before they look at ours.... this isn't the greatest news. I take it this means we'll be outside the 180 day processing mark?
Old Jan 19th 2004, 1:48 pm
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Oh god, if thats the case... i don't know when our 129f application will be ready, they are only looking at July 21st for Nebraska.

Which means we've got another 2 months to go before they look at ours.... this isn't the greatest news. I take it this means we'll be outside the 180 day processing mark?
Before the holidays in the US, Nebraska was whipping along nicely at a rate of approx. a month's worth of visas processed every two weeks. Hopefully, with the holidays out of the way they will get back to that sort of speed.

My expected NOA2 will be around the same time as yours I think.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 2:03 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mcjimbo

Hi:

Your second paragraph contains a fallacy -- you can't extrapolate when YOUR case will be reached by what they are handling today. The only hard fact is that they are processing cases filed before July 21, 2003. The "180 day" item is NOT a hard fact. For all you know, NSC might put a "task force" on those and speed them up or conversely, there might be a "task force" on something else which diverts resources from I-129F's.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 5:12 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

I checked out how Atlanta was doing for the I-765's and they're still on September 29th. What ever happened to that 90 day "rule?" Because September 29th would put me at 120 days. I guess I should attempt to walk up to the district office and "demand" my EAD?
Old Jan 19th 2004, 5:29 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Steffi
I checked out how Atlanta was doing for the I-765's and they're still on September 29th. What ever happened to that 90 day "rule?" Because September 29th would put me at 120 days. I guess I should attempt to walk up to the district office and "demand" my EAD?
Hi:

The 90 day rule is still a formal "rule" ensconsed in the regulations. Where do people get the idea that the government follows the law? Quite often, the government can violate the law with impunity. In fact, many people are quite upset with the one area where the government is penalized for breaking the law -- by imposition of the "exclusionary rule" when it comes to criminal evidence.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 5:36 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
The 90 day rule is still a formal "rule" ensconsed in the regulations. Where do people get the idea that the government follows the law? Quite often, the government can violate the law with impunity. In fact, many people are quite upset with the one area where the government is penalized for breaking the law -- by imposition of the "exclusionary rule" when it comes to criminal evidence.
My husband got a good laugh out of "Where do people get the idea that the government follows the law?"
Soooooo I mean I agree with what you're saying (got to love the government breaking their own rules)....but does that mean that I should attempt to get my EAD (even if I received an RFE inbetween)?
Old Jan 19th 2004, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

princess_fiona is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Yay!!! Looked at the processing times for Miami I-485 this morning, and they've moved ahead 20 days in one month. Not too bad, but still not fast enough for me!!!!!

To check your local office or SC, click on this link:

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...sp?textFlag=N#

Kate. xxxxxxx
Hey Kate! At least it's moving. Hope you'll get your interview date soon
Old Jan 19th 2004, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

Originally posted by Haggischomper
Before the holidays in the US, Nebraska was whipping along nicely at a rate of approx. a month's worth of visas processed every two weeks. Hopefully, with the holidays out of the way they will get back to that sort of speed.

My expected NOA2 will be around the same time as yours I think.

Well I am due to get my NOA2 soon for my K1 from Nebraska S.C. NOA1 was dated August 14th. I will be sure to post my approval up in the next couple of days !!
Old Jan 19th 2004, 8:18 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by princess_fiona
Hey Kate! At least it's moving. Hope you'll get your interview date soon

Me too!!! Thanks for the best wishes. I should count myself lucky, really. From what I can see, Miami is one of the fastest (if not THE fastest!) in Florida, so things could be so much worse. Fingers crossed I'll be out of limbo soon, and I hope your nightmare with Miami ends soon.

Kate. xxxxxx
Old Jan 19th 2004, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

princess_fiona is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Me too!!! Thanks for the best wishes. I should count myself lucky, really. From what I can see, Miami is one of the fastest (if not THE fastest!) in Florida, so things could be so much worse. Fingers crossed I'll be out of limbo soon, and I hope your nightmare with Miami ends soon.

Kate. xxxxxx
Oh huh! You're right. Some people have worst case/problem that we can think of.

I'm trying to forget mine LOL! If (if and when we dunno ) it's over, I will definitely shout it out here!!!

Take care!