Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Private Health insurance, keeping pre-existing conditions (Bupa)

Private Health insurance, keeping pre-existing conditions (Bupa)

Old Jul 18th 2020, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Private Health insurance, keeping pre-existing conditions (Bupa)

After 10 years in Australia we're in the early stages of considering a move back to the UK.

One concern is Private Health Insurance. We've had it all the time we've been here and in that time one of us has developed a pre-exisiting health condition. Here in Australia we can move from one Private Health Insurer to another and they will honor the cover you have with the previous one, including pre-existing conditions. However continuing that cover through an overseas move is what I'm wondering about.

Although we're not currently with Bupa I spoke to them and they indicated I could move to them in Australia, keep the cover, then transfer it to Bupa UK.

Has anyone done this or any other suggestions?

Many Thanks!