Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Pretty despirate for info - Home for Cmas with Venezuelan partner living in Spain

Wikiposts

Pretty despirate for info - Home for Cmas with Venezuelan partner living in Spain

Old Oct 9th 2017, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Jamieclvrk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pretty despirate for info - Home for Cmas with Venezuelan partner living in Spain

Hey guys,

This is a very odd question, not too sure where to put it never mind find information on it. Thus I am here. Hoping for answers, advice, or a recommendation of someone else to talk to or even another forum to check out! I apriciate anything I can get right now so thank you in advance. So the story goes...

I’ve lived in Spain with my Venezualan partner since February. She’s a Venezualan national by birth but has resided in Spain for the past 10 years.

She has NOT got a Spanish passport, only Venezuelan. She has papers to legally live in Spain but has not completed residency.

Now the hard part. Her passport expires in November of this year, and because of the state of her country right now what normally takes 1 month to get a new passport now takes 6-8 months. I’m wanting to bring her to the UK for the Christmas period but it’s lucking like we’re at a depressingly hard brick wall with the Passport situation.

My question is a broad one, is there any way your genius minds can think of a resolution? I started to think about talking with the embassy, looking into partner visas, trying to do/think of anything I basically can think of to legally bring her to my home for a month or so! Tough times guys, again, I appreciate anything i can get right now

Thanks,
J x
Old Oct 9th 2017, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pretty despirate for info - Home for Cmas with Venezuelan partner living in Spain

From the sounds of it you don't qualify for a partner visa as you have only lived with partner since February and you need to show 2 years continuous cohabitation with documentation showing such.

You can't do the Surinder Singh route as you are not married.

She needs a visa to even visit the UK and for that she needs a valid (current) passport.

I think you are out of options.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 11:05 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pretty despirate for info - Home for Cmas with Venezuelan partner living in Spain

What is her exact immigration situation in Spain? She would only need two years legal residence in order to be eligible for Spanish citizenship.