Wikiposts

Prepaid Versus contract

Old Mar 9th 2013, 5:03 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Question Prepaid Versus contract

Amazing how, when spending hours on the computer researching, I always return here to BE to ask the sage advice of everyone here

Okay, it's doing my head in and I can feel a headache looming..lol. I've been looking at mobile phone plans etc for when I get back to the UK. I have an unlocked Iphone 3G and I was wondering if its better to get a contract or a pre-paid plan? I know it would probably be difficult if not impossible to get a contract straight away because I wouldn't be working and have no UK history for them to check, so they would probably turn me down.

But I've been looking at the pre-paid plans and it seems like the majority of them are 25p per minute with 500 or so free text messages or 12p per text, and only between 75-100 minutes.

When I was there last year I just got a Vodafone SIM from the newsagents which cost 99p and a £10 top up. That didn't seem to last long at all, although I must admit it was probably due to the fact I got chatting to a friend of mine in Yarpole and we were catching up...LOL.

Is the 25p per minute charge no matter where in the UK you call or are some areas classified as 'long distance' like here in the US???? Do you get charged for incoming calls and incoming texts?

See what I mean?? So many questions and no answers....lol.

HELP!!! C'mon BE come to my rescue yet again
Old Mar 9th 2013, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prepaid Versus contract

Im glad you asked the questions. I have a 4GS not sure if I can unlock this one. Previously. I had a 3 gs and just used a sim card when in the UK. I was thinking of just taking out a new plan once back and getting a phone that way. But ify will unlock i think the month to month option with sim is best. I believe I had O2 several years back and the plan was good as you could change it each month depending on what you are using text phone web. I believe others Tesco have good plans.

Something to definitely do is to make sure you set up a free Google voice account while still US side as then you and your friends can text for free. Why because its a free Us number which they text to. You can access it via the web and send texts and if your really smart link it to your own email.

Last edited by vikingsail; Mar 9th 2013 at 6:17 am.