Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Pre-departure COVID testing for transit

Pre-departure COVID testing for transit

Old Jan 29th 2022, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

marigoldfairy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pre-departure COVID testing for transit

Hi everyone, so now the house is sold, rental secured in the UK, cats flights confirmed (sounds easy however I have never had so much stress sorting this all!) it’s now time to sort our flights. We live out of town in the regions and can’t get pre-departure tests locally so I’ve been looking to see what transit countries do not require them, just like the UK. I saw this for Canada - is it too good to be true that you don’t need a pre-departure test to transit?!

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...er#transit-air
Old Jan 31st 2022, 1:30 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-departure COVID testing for transit

What country are you departing from? Some rules may vary depending on that.

If you are in the US, and assuming that you are fully vaccinated and can prove it, it looks as though you can transit through Ireland without a pre-departure test

https://www.dublinairport.com/covid-...into%20Ireland.

Is a direct flight not possible?
Old Jan 31st 2022, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
What country are you departing from? Some rules may vary depending on that.

If you are in the US, and assuming that you are fully vaccinated and can prove it, it looks as though you can transit through Ireland without a pre-departure test

https://www.dublinairport.com/covid-...into%20Ireland.

Is a direct flight not possible?
Hi! We are flying from New Zealand so no direct flights unfortunately. Either via Singapore, Dubai, LA or Vancouver By the looks of it.
Old Jan 31st 2022, 6:26 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marigoldfairy
Hi! We are flying from New Zealand so no direct flights unfortunately. Either via Singapore, Dubai, LA or Vancouver By the looks of it.

You may be out of luck then. Do they have those self-administered tests there, that you conduct via video so that they can make sure it's you and that you are doing it correctly? They would be mailed to your house.
Old Feb 1st 2022, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
You may be out of luck then. Do they have those self-administered tests there, that you conduct via video so that they can make sure it's you and that you are doing it correctly? They would be mailed to your house.
the link in my original post suggested that Canada doesn’t require one, was posting here hoping someone could confirm through knowledge or experience! Like with all these things, there is never anyone in authority you can speak to to confirm!
Old Feb 1st 2022, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marigoldfairy
Hi everyone, so now the house is sold, rental secured in the UK, cats flights confirmed (sounds easy however I have never had so much stress sorting this all!) it’s now time to sort our flights. We live out of town in the regions and can’t get pre-departure tests locally so I’ve been looking to see what transit countries do not require them, just like the UK. I saw this for Canada - is it too good to be true that you don’t need a pre-departure test to transit?!

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...er#transit-air
I think Denmark and Sweden have just lifted their Covid rules and do not need to pre test as arrivals and transit as with Spain also, a lot of rules have changed in Europe as from 1/02/22 . Good luck don’t forget your “on the last leg now “ and soon all this hassle and stress will just be a vague memory
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brits1
I think Denmark and Sweden have just lifted their Covid rules and do not need to pre test as arrivals and transit as with Spain also, a lot of rules have changed in Europe as from 1/02/22 . Good luck don’t forget your “on the last leg now “ and soon all this hassle and stress will just be a vague memory
Thanks! Everything is falling into place and now I’m getting really excited about life’s new chapter!