Postcards from England

Old Jan 5th 2011, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

usoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud of
Default Re: Postcards from England

Great pic's. Reminds me of another website I often browse, especially when I am feeling homesick. Pictures of England.com. The site also has absolutely stunning photos of the homeland (updated daily with new pics) and a family, friendly discussion forum. They would also enjoy your photos. Thanks for sharing a little bit of England with us...
Old Jan 6th 2011, 9:10 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usoruk
Great pic's. Reminds me of another website I often browse, especially when I am feeling homesick. Pictures of England.com. The site also has absolutely stunning photos of the homeland (updated daily with new pics) and a family, friendly discussion forum. They would also enjoy your photos. Thanks for sharing a little bit of England with us...
Thank you for sharing that link, some absolutely stunning photos.

Yes Karim, you should share your photos on there, I am sure they would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Postcards from England

Thank you dear Friends for your encouraging comments

Karim
Old Jan 8th 2011, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute

Chester !

Should you ask anybody in France what Chester is about, they will undoubtedly reply "The Cat, of course !" as us French call Lewis Carrol's famous character "The Cat of Chester" !

Long before I first visited Chester, I had visions of black and white buildings as I once applied for a position at the Grosvenor Hotel before heading instead to Corsica ! Foolish youth !

After visiting this gem of a city, I can safely say that it really is one of Britain's best kept secrets which has so much to offer to the Visitor with its incredible variety of treasures.

I first was greeted with the smile of the Pride of Chester Guide, then started my day by walking around the incredibly well preserved medieval walls which surround the city and offers great views of Chester as well as of the beautiful River Dee and were the perfect introduction to my day in Chester.

I then ventured in the town through the Eastgate Clock which is the second most photographed clock in England after Big ben and offers a truly magnificent view on Eastgate St and its beautiful medieval black & white buildings including the national treasure "The Chester Rows" which have delighted Shoppers for over 700 years and counting.

Wandering through the streets of Chester is a pure delight for anyone intersting in history, architecture or simply beauty as it is everywhere for you to enjoy from the majestic Tudor buildings to the exquisite wood carvings and statues of their facade.

The City even offers a fascinating Roman Heritage in the shape of Britain's largest Roman Amphitheatre dated back to the times when Chester was a busy port importing all kinds of luxury goods from wine to fine pottery.

After exploring the town, I really enjoyed a refreshing walk by the River Dee which is of a great natural beauty and I finally came back for a spot of late lunch at the Brasserie Gerard while listening to classic French songs playing in the background !

The saying "it has it all" could not be more appropriate than to the amazingly beautiful City of Chester which is guaranteed to make a lasting impression when you will decide to visit it

Karim
Old Jan 8th 2011, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Karim
Old Jan 8th 2011, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Karim
Old Jan 8th 2011, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Karim
Old Jan 8th 2011, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Fabulous Karim, I really enjoy seeing your photos!
Old Jan 8th 2011, 9:45 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Once again you have shown us England to be as lovely as ever. The funny thing is Karim, I have been to Chester LOADS of times as my family live near there but you have shown me places I have never even seen before like that white bridge I have no idea where that is. Something else for me to learn.

Thank you once again.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Once again you have shown us England to be as lovely as ever. The funny thing is Karim, I have been to Chester LOADS of times as my family live near there but you have shown me places I have never even seen before like that white bridge I have no idea where that is. Something else for me to learn.

Thank you once again.
Geeez Bee thats embarrasing huh???..lol
The pictures are lovely Karim, cant wait to get back..
Old Jan 8th 2011, 11:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics Karim...we were in Chester over Christmas.

BTW the correct name is the Cheshire Cat...not the Cat of Chester. Lewis Caroll was born in Daresbury, Nr Warrington.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you !

I love ready the comments generated by my posts as these places often bring memories to those who have experienced them

Karim
Old Jan 9th 2011, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Wonderful photos,brings back many happy memories of when I was there on holidays
Thanks for posting them cheers
I.G.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I keep coming back to look at these lovely photos of Chester. I had no idea it was this pretty. The old Elizabethan buildings remind me a bit of those I saw in some photos of Norwich when doing some family history research. I also like the fact that the small towns have pedestrian walkways - that is, no traffic.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 1:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
I keep coming back to look at these lovely photos of Chester. I had no idea it was this pretty. The old Elizabethan buildings remind me a bit of those I saw in some photos of Norwich when doing some family history research. I also like the fact that the small towns have pedestrian walkways - that is, no traffic.
In recent years Chester City centre has become a bit run down...probably due to the Trafford Centre and outlet mall located between Chester and Ellesmere Port. Of course the old historic buildings are just at beautiful. I hope before long Chester City Centre turns back into the Chester where I used to live.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.