Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Postage Question from Australia :0)

Postage Question from Australia :0)

Old May 9th 2011, 3:50 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Question Postage Question from Australia :0)

Hi.....*Jan Waves* Just popping in from the Australian part of the forum

My Daughters favourite bands guitarist has an article written about her in a magazine. She is signing the said magazine if you send her the magazine with an S.A.E. My Daughter would be so happy

So...... I need to send a self addressed envelope to America from Australia and wondered how much the postage would need to be? It would be for a glossy magazine in an A4 size envelope.

Not sure how to do this either?? I'm pretty certain that I can't buy U.S stamps here, how would I pay the postage from Australia?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you,

Jan

Last edited by Jan4kids; May 9th 2011 at 3:52 am. Reason: tired typing :0)
Old May 9th 2011, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice
Default Re: Postage Question from Australia :0)

Originally Posted by Jan4kids

My Daughters favourite bands guitarist has an article written about her in a magazine. She is signing the said magazine if you send her the magazine with an S.A.E. My Daughter would be so happy

So...... I need to send a self addressed envelope to America from Australia and wondered how much the postage would need to be? It would be for a glossy magazine in an A4 size envelope.

Not sure how to do this either?? I'm pretty certain that I can't buy U.S stamps here, how would I pay the postage from Australia?

Thank-you,

Jan

My first thought was weigh a comparable mag in aus and slap aus stamps on it. May not work as I'm not sure is USPS will carry it.

You can pay for postage online at USPS.com. Not sure if you need to have a US address though.
Old May 9th 2011, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan4kids

Thank-you,

Jan
Do you have to send the mag from Oz to the US along with the envelope?
Old May 9th 2011, 12:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

You can get US stamps online and the USPS website has a guide for how much postage would be for things, so if you know the weight you could figure out how many stamps you'd need.
Old May 10th 2011, 12:01 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Thank-you for your help guys ....I have the magazine etc already so I can weigh it, so I think I'm heading for the USPS Website next

.....and yes Ash, I would be sending the magazine to be signed from Australia along with an S.A.E so it can be returned to me (hopefully in time for my Daughters Bithday at the end of June

Thanks Again...it's much appreciated

Jan