Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back to the UK
Reload this Page >

Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter

Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter

Reply

Old Sep 18th 2017, 7:40 am
  #1  
Michicko
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 21
Michicko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter

Hi ive asked this question but im still confuse. 4 months ago i had a fight with my husband . Our neighbor called a police and told that my husband abusing me which is domestic violence police came.and they talk me and my husband in the street inside in a seperate police car. They recorded the conversation. Police ask me my date of birth nationality and full name. They asked me what happened same to my partner and we said we just had a misunderstanding. I said to the police that i just get offended on his words snd end up in arguments. There was no physicsl abuse. I didnt say thay my husband abusing me. When they asked me. I even said i love my husband. We just had a misunderstanding. The police let us go but they follow us on our way home and check inside our house and they took off. My question is. Is this is a caution or warning. Coz im worrying if i have to declare this in my application in flr in the future that i have caution. Which i dont remember signing anything or giving a letter. In the incident it looks like i am the victim of my husband. But its not true its just a misunderstanding as i said to the police. Im the one whos in the spouse visa .please help. Im so worried thank you. Idont know if i have a police caution or warning jn this incident.
Michicko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th 2017, 9:13 am
  #2  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
moneypenny20's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 62,603
moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter

I've moved you to the Moving Back forum, more support from Brits with knowledge there. I have no clue, sorry.
moneypenny20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th 2017, 9:16 am
  #3  
Concierge
 
mikelincs's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: ex ex-pat, in Axminster
Posts: 21,879
mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter

Originally Posted by Yukayuka View Post
Hi ive asked this question but im still confuse. 4 months ago i had a fight with my husband . Our neighbor called a police and told that my husband abusing me which is domestic violence police came.and they talk me and my husband in the street inside in a seperate police car. They recorded the conversation. Police ask me my date of birth nationality and full name. They asked me what happened same to my partner and we said we just had a misunderstanding. I said to the police that i just get offended on his words snd end up in arguments. There was no physicsl abuse. I didnt say thay my husband abusing me. When they asked me. I even said i love my husband. We just had a misunderstanding. The police let us go but they follow us on our way home and check inside our house and they took off. My question is. Is this is a caution or warning. Coz im worrying if i have to declare this in my application in flr in the future that i have caution. Which i dont remember signing anything or giving a letter. In the incident it looks like i am the victim of my husband. But its not true its just a misunderstanding as i said to the police. Im the one whos in the spouse visa .please help. Im so worried thank you. Idont know if i have a police caution or warning jn this incident.
If you had been given a caution, then you would have had to sign some sort of form and would have been given a copy. Sounds a bit like it was just them checking up. They seem to have taken no official action.
mikelincs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th 2017, 9:30 am
  #4  
Michicko
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 21
Michicko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
If you had been given a caution, then you would have had to sign some sort of form and would have been given a copy. Sounds a bit like it was just them checking up. They seem to have taken no official action.
No i havent given anything and never sign anything. They just let us go and follow us on the way home check inside our house and took off. Never heard anything about them .its been 4 months now. I didnt say my husband abusing me when they are questioning me. I defended my husband. Coz it looks like in their questions i am a victim of domestic violence. But i said no we just had a misunderstanding and i get offended. Is this means i dont have to declare anything if i have neen question do i have a cauiton or warning .when i applied in my future spouse visa. Since that fight we never past the day without settling things up. Lesson learned.
Michicko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th 2017, 9:41 am
  #5  
Michicko
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 21
Michicko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
I've moved you to the Moving Back forum, more support from Brits with knowledge there. I have no clue, sorry.
Its ok moneypenny20. Thank you so much for your help. No need to say sorry.
Michicko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th 2017, 12:29 pm
  #6  
Queen of Diplomacy
 
Dorothy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 28,100
Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter

Originally Posted by Yukayuka View Post
No i havent given anything and never sign anything. They just let us go and follow us on the way home check inside our house and took off. Never heard anything about them .its been 4 months now. I didnt say my husband abusing me when they are questioning me. I defended my husband. Coz it looks like in their questions i am a victim of domestic violence. But i said no we just had a misunderstanding and i get offended. Is this means i dont have to declare anything if i have neen question do i have a cauiton or warning .when i applied in my future spouse visa. Since that fight we never past the day without settling things up. Lesson learned.
No, you don't have to declare anything. You have not got a caution from this incident. You have nothing to worry about with this argument.
Dorothy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th 2017, 5:08 pm
  #7  
Michicko
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 21
Michicko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
No, you don't have to declare anything. You have not got a caution from this incident. You have nothing to worry about with this argument.
Thank you dorothy i can perpectly breath fine now. Lol. Been thinking about it since last night. Thank you so much.
Michicko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th 2017, 5:11 pm
  #8  
Michicko
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 21
Michicko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
No, you don't have to declare anything. You have not got a caution from this incident. You have nothing to worry about with this argument.
Also is this means by recording the conversation when they are questioning me and my husband and asking my date of birth. Name and nationality is just normal? What is that for? Sorry for asking again and again
Michicko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th 2017, 10:14 pm
  #9  
Queen of Diplomacy
 
Dorothy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 28,100
Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter

Originally Posted by Yukayuka View Post
Also is this means by recording the conversation when they are questioning me and my husband and asking my date of birth. Name and nationality is just normal? What is that for? Sorry for asking again and again
It's normal. Stop fretting about it.
Dorothy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:32 am
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Consolacion,Cebu
Posts: 1,891
quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter

Originally Posted by Yukayuka View Post
Also is this means by recording the conversation when they are questioning me and my husband and asking my date of birth. Name and nationality is just normal? What is that for? Sorry for asking again and again
As Dorothy says, it's normal. UK police are required to collect this type of information for the statistics in order to show that certain ethnic groups are not being disproportionately stopped. There were cases in the past where certain groups complained they were "always" being stopped and questioned and as at that time a stop was not required to record ethnicity, only when cautioned/arrested, it was not easy to deny/substantiate the claims , so eventually the rules were changed so that when anyone was stopped by the police this info is collected.
quiltman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:09 am
  #11  
Michicko
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 21
Michicko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter

Originally Posted by quiltman View Post
As Dorothy says, it's normal. UK police are required to collect this type of information for the statistics in order to show that certain ethnic groups are not being disproportionately stopped. There were cases in the past where certain groups complained they were "always" being stopped and questioned and as at that time a stop was not required to record ethnicity, only when cautioned/arrested, it was not easy to deny/substantiate the claims , so eventually the rules were changed so that when anyone was stopped by the police this info is collected.
Ok thank you guys for your help
Michicko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th 2017, 7:57 pm
  #12  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,176
scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter

It is "procedure" Like recording your occupation.
scot47 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 9:26 pm
  #13  
Michicko
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 21
Michicko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter

Originally Posted by scot47 View Post
It is "procedure" Like recording your occupation.
So if i have been question if i have been caution or have warning. I will say no.
Michicko is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement