Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Please Help With Moving Dog Back to UK

Please Help With Moving Dog Back to UK

Old Jun 29th 2019, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Shogan is a splendid one to beholdShogan is a splendid one to beholdShogan is a splendid one to beholdShogan is a splendid one to beholdShogan is a splendid one to beholdShogan is a splendid one to beholdShogan is a splendid one to beholdShogan is a splendid one to beholdShogan is a splendid one to beholdShogan is a splendid one to beholdShogan is a splendid one to behold
Default Please Help With Moving Dog Back to UK

Hey guys hoping someone can help, i’ve scoured the internet but just get confused with all the Jargon.

Got to head back to the UK unfortunately on short notice, probably going to stay there for a while hence needing to organize travel for our 7month Cockapoo (I’ve never done this before).

We are looking to fly within the next 2 weeks and am getting a bit stressed now. He is up to date with all his injections and we have plans to visit soon to get his certificate and de worming that is needed for entry.

What’s the best way to go about actuallybooking him onto a flight? I’m aware most airlines will only let you book through an agent, but what’s the process UK side? Also, is iteasier to fly into Europe? Uk is also very costly.

Thanks so much in advance, would really appreciate hearing people’s experiences.
Old Jun 30th 2019, 1:23 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Help With Moving Dog Back to UK

Originally Posted by Shogan
Hey guys hoping someone can help, i’ve scoured the internet but just get confused with all the Jargon.

Got to head back to the UK unfortunately on short notice, probably going to stay there for a while hence needing to organize travel for our 7month Cockapoo (I’ve never done this before).

We are looking to fly within the next 2 weeks and am getting a bit stressed now. He is up to date with all his injections and we have plans to visit soon to get his certificate and de worming that is needed for entry.

What’s the best way to go about actuallybooking him onto a flight? I’m aware most airlines will only let you book through an agent, but what’s the process UK side? Also, is iteasier to fly into Europe? Uk is also very costly.

Thanks so much in advance, would really appreciate hearing people’s experiences.
Disregard everything else you've read on the internet, this is the official guidance for bringing pets into the UK https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad

Canada is designated a 'listed country', so you'll need a 'third-country official veterinary certificate' for your dog. He'll also need to be microchipped, have a tapeworm treatment and have had his rabies vaccinations/be up to date with his boosters. He can't travel for 21 days after the last rabies shot.

Have a good read of the link and make a list of what you need to have done, in order of importance. Best of luck.

Old Jun 30th 2019, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Kamalia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please Help With Moving Dog Back to UK

There is a company called Ladyhaye international pet travel agents, and they are highly recommended, you can find them on Facebook. Send them a message and they are happy to help with advice and they can give you a quote on the cost of moving. Unfortunately it's not just as easy as putting them on a plane, checkbthem out they can help you.