Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Plasma TV, Fridge freezer, Iphones

Plasma TV, Fridge freezer, Iphones

Old May 1st 2012, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Plasma TV, Fridge freezer, Iphones

Hi, in regards to shipping back to Uk, is it worth shipping Plasma Tv's, its a 50inch Panasonic Viera, around 4 years old, I don't think we will get much for it, and its still a great tv! We just don't fancy shipping, getting it back, then we cannot use it anyway. The same happened to a sony tv we had in UK, we were told to buy set top boxes, this cable, that cable, but we never could use it! Does anyone know, or has anyone shipped this tv, and have got it working ok?

Ok, next up, LG fridge freezer, yep, the american stainless steel ones, without water/ice dispenser, do we ship it, or leave it? What do others do? Will it work the other end if we ship it back?

Iphones, we still have a contract, what happens? Can we end the contract, then take them, will they work in UK, can we keep contracts here, and use phones in UK?

Any views/opinions/help would be great!
Old May 1st 2012, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Plasma TV, Fridge freezer, Iphones

Hi! http://www.adaptelec.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=237

Far as I know, tvs will be ok as theyre on the same voltage.
Phones should just need to be unlocked if they are locked and get new sim card to work in UK.
Dont know about fridge freezer.
Old May 1st 2012, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plasma TV, Fridge freezer, Iphones

Originally Posted by The Bournes
Hi, in regards to shipping back to Uk, is it worth shipping Plasma Tv's, its a 50inch Panasonic Viera, around 4 years old, I don't think we will get much for it, and its still a great tv! We just don't fancy shipping, getting it back, then we cannot use it anyway. The same happened to a sony tv we had in UK, we were told to buy set top boxes, this cable, that cable, but we never could use it! Does anyone know, or has anyone shipped this tv, and have got it working ok?

Ok, next up, LG fridge freezer, yep, the american stainless steel ones, without water/ice dispenser, do we ship it, or leave it? What do others do? Will it work the other end if we ship it back?

Iphones, we still have a contract, what happens? Can we end the contract, then take them, will they work in UK, can we keep contracts here, and use phones in UK?

Any views/opinions/help would be great!
Hi we shipped all our items over from Aus except for t.v's the newer ones should work fine here, I would bring your fridge home (unless you are thinking of living in a tiny home) it will work fine here, ours work fine. I would bring your phones over and just make sure they are unlocked while your still in Aus and just buy new sim cards and contracts here in the UK (it will work out cheaper than using an Aus sim card) there are plenty of great deals on contracts and also a lot more suppliers to choose from (well that was the case when we left Perth nearly 2 years ago) I think the only thing we did not bring was our very large glass outdoor table and chairs and also our large gas BBQ (if I had the choice again I would of brought it with us....yes we do use BBQ's here lol) All the best