Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Ping Ponger - Guilty as charged

Wikiposts

Ping Ponger - Guilty as charged

Old Oct 24th 2009, 5:06 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ping Ponger - Guilty as charged

Originally Posted by JANEY1
Thank you! I love your reply and that is how I have been living for the past four or so years. Prior to that, I made the mistake of "getting the condo" the car and other stuff, and it was a nightmare to get out of - felt so tied down. Im scared of doing that again. The only thing about what you said, and how I have been living, is just that its not accepted by the average joe - especially for someone of my age....almost forty!
no it wont be accepted by the average joe , i have done the ''fitting in '' bit too and sure i will do money making schemes to make sure im alright , but as for new cars , furniture and shit . No thanks , i see easiness of moving as a positive step no a negative . Too much talk of A to B these days , its bulls**t.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 5:17 am
Just Joined

JANEY1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by king kong
the only issue i see with pinging and ponging is the fact a ''rolling stone gathers no moss'' , that could be interpreted in many ways either to financial wealth , friendships , etc . The more you move the more rootless you become , the people you know change and they change towards you because they dont expect you to stick around before you have a ''moment'' and get on the plane again .
They are infact jealous to a certain degree because they cant do it for what ever reason , they wish they could .
Another great point King kong - Maybe the reason why I am still single/no kids/not alot of wealth, is the fact that I have been a "rolling stone" Although, I do have alot of memories of some great experiences that I would never have had if I was settled down. And my friends are now scattered all over the world!
I think that I have got so used to moving and experiencing new things, that settling down and staying in "one" place kind of freaks me out
Old Oct 24th 2009, 5:28 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Another great point King kong - Maybe the reason why I am still single/no kids/not alot of wealth, is the fact that I have been a "rolling stone" Although, I do have alot of memories of some great experiences that I would never have had if I was settled down. And my friends are now scattered all over the world!
I think that I have got so used to moving and experiencing new things, that settling down and staying in "one" place kind of freaks me out
i have found from a personal perspective and just out of a 25 year marriage and bringing up two kids that the travelling ,not staying too long somewhere type of life is appealing . The ideal is to find someone ''who is intune and is at the same point in life as yourself '' , after that its doesnt matter where you end up your belonging is with the other personand everything else falls into place . sorry to get deep , but thats how i see things .
Old Oct 24th 2009, 5:31 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Dunroving - thank you for your replies. I read the thread that you suggested and there was lots of helpful advice on there...thanks.

In regards to what you said about hiking alone in the UK - I guess you have a point. After all, one of the places that I used to hike at in Florida had an incident of assault. So, again...I eat my words
You must read up on the BE rules - rule #1 - "There shall be no eating of words or conceding of points to any other poster".

Congrats, welcome to the board - there are plenty of ping-pongers amongst us.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
It must be awful to be a sreial ping ponger.

I do feel that people that move back and forth are maybe looking for something that does not actually exist. I am not wishing to sound harsh and I may be one of those very people that have to eat their words.
I have heard of people going back and forth 3 or 4 times, well I am sorry I think that is down to the person more than the place.

I think you have to really look at the scales and see which way they are tipping and go in that favour otherwise you are unlikely to ever be happy.

I hope you can work it out.
I think you're right.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Jo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud of

Thank you! I love your reply and that is how I have been living for the past four or so years. Prior to that, I made the mistake of "getting the condo" the car and other stuff, and it was a nightmare to get out of - felt so tied down. Im scared of doing that again. The only thing about what you said, and how I have been living, is just that its not accepted by the average joe - especially for someone of my age....almost forty!

Life begins at 40
As long as you can afford it and your not hurting anyone do what ever you want whilst you can
x
Old Oct 24th 2009, 6:28 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

The hiking opportunities which I would enjoy in the UK, wouldnt feel safe to me hiking alone. Eg. the Hills of the lake district - Love that area, but wouldnt feel safe as a female hiking alone there. Does that makes sense?
If you`re a female, why are you blue and erect?
Old Oct 24th 2009, 6:32 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by king kong
i reckon pinging and ponging is the only way to be honest , why be unhappy anywhere , just dont buy houses and expensive cars and fall into the trap of materialism and u have nothing to give up . Just go where the wind takes u
Your`re gradually sounding, more and more like El Che.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
If you`re a female, why are you blue and erect?
Oh, thats what that thing is... Going to need to change that me thinks...
Old Oct 24th 2009, 6:50 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Oh, thats what that thing is... Going to need to change that me thinks...
Is there any reason why you go hiking alone? These activities are far more enjoyable with others.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 7:12 am
Just Joined

Is there any reason why you go hiking alone? These activities are far more enjoyable with others.
I tend to go hiking (usually) alot - its hard to find someone who likes to go as often as I do. Its nice though to sometimes go hiking by myself, I find that I take in much more of my surroundings when I do so. When I go with someone, I tend to natter too much and miss the scenery!
Old Oct 24th 2009, 7:23 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

I tend to go hiking (usually) alot - its hard to find someone who likes to go as often as I do. Its nice though to sometimes go hiking by myself, I find that I take in much more of my surroundings when I do so. When I go with someone, I tend to natter too much and miss the scenery!
I mentioned it, as in the past I would often go on 5-6 hour bike training trips or 1-2 hour cross country runs alone, sadly I never took in too much of the countryside either, as I was often in too much pain to do so. I don`t train alone anymore, as I found the whole thing quite boring.

Being a woman, I guess you world natter a lot.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:06 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

Your`re gradually sounding, more and more like El Che.
vive ,comrade .Bring on the world revolution
Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:34 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

I would often go on 5-6 hour bike training trips or 1-2 hour cross country runs alone,
Cannot imagine why
Old Oct 25th 2009, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

There's no such thing as a mistake!Whenever you make a decision,you make the right one for that time!Know what you mean about walking alone.My OH and I walk alot,and I do walk alone sometimes but I don't ever put myself in vulnerable places,always walk in busier places ect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.