Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Photo's of what you love..

Photo's of what you love..

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photo's of what you love..

Originally Posted by In Exile
whilst these pictures arent particulaly pretty or picturesque, they remind me of one thing that the UK has in spades: Obscure traditions, which deserve to be celebrated.

UK traditions probably deserves its own thread.
Sadly too many are being phased out in the cotton wool world that we live in. Health and Safety and various cases of litigation are slowly putting an end to it.

edit: why dont my photos show up anymore? ok now they do.
Love the obscure traditions. Have been finding out about a lot that survive in Herefordshire like wassailing the fruit trees in January.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 3:07 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

The crazy looking castle in the first post is Conwy.

I used to go to College in Wrexham (in the late 70's) thats been a long time, I loved it there.
We used to go to the village fair in Hope and Caergwrle, they were so small they had one fair between them (back in the late 60's) and we went for the morris dancing competitions

Ahhh those where the days
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
The crazy looking castle in the first post is Conwy.

I used to go to College in Wrexham (in the late 70's) thats been a long time, I loved it there.
We used to go to the village fair in Hope and Caergwrle, they were so small they had one fair between them (back in the late 60's) and we went for the morris dancing competitions

Ahhh those where the days
yep I know. I used to go to boarding school in Colwyn Bay area and prior to Caergwrle, I lived on Anglesey, so we had to drive past Conway Castle whenever I went to school.

To me Conway Castle represented the 10 minutes mark from School. And that wasnt necessarily great!

There's another awesome castle at Caernarfon. (sp. its been years!)
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

vicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chris955
. The first photo is the New Inn, Westwood near Bradford on Avon. It was one of our favourite pubs when we lived there with the best pub food ever.
2nd and 3rd are a little place in the Cotswolds, the name escapes me at the moment.
4th is Bath and the last is Nunney near Frome.

Was the Christmas Shop picture
taken in Bourton-on-the-Water in the Cotswolds?
It is one of my favourite places.
I'll try to upload some photos when I work it out how to do it.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 12:47 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Can we see some photos guys ?
Will post some tonight.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

Beautiful pictures everyone. I am now well and truly homesick!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 1:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1chumly
Beautiful pictures everyone. I am now well and truly homesick!
I find using Google Earth to walk down memory lane helps.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 4:03 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

Where's that?
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 4:13 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Are you stalking me again? First you go shopping next to my office, now you're looking at my neighbourhood...

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Memory...+NJ&hl=en&z=16
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Mecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really nice

Derbyshire
Attached Thumbnails Photo's of what you love..-dsc_0028.jpg  
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 4:26 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photos of what you love..

Couple of pics from our trip to Britain a year ago
Attached Thumbnails Photo's of what you love..-ntlww.jpg   Photo's of what you love..-scbfl.jpg  
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 4:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
Are you stalking me again? First you go shopping next to my office, now you're looking at my neighbourhood...

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Memory...+NJ&hl=en&z=16
Who knew there would be a Memory Lane there?

Of course I'm stalking you. You've forgotten about Rockaway Mall and the Cineplex. I'll catch up with you one day.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 7:02 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by In Exile
yep I know. I used to go to boarding school in Colwyn Bay area and prior to Caergwrle, I lived on Anglesey, so we had to drive past Conway Castle whenever I went to school.

To me Conway Castle represented the 10 minutes mark from School. And that wasnt necessarily great!

There's another awesome castle at Caernarfon. (sp. its been years!)
So you were one of those Posh Rydal or Penrhos kids It's all one now, boys and girls mixed.
Mum used to threaten to send us there for boarding school, I'd have probably loved it.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
So you were one of those Posh Rydal or Penrhos kids It's all one now, boys and girls mixed.
Mum used to threaten to send us there for boarding school, I'd have probably loved it.
ha ha. yes it was Rydal, before they merged. finished in the mid 90s
got a scholarhsip otherwise mum would not have been able to afford it.

edit: penhros was an all girls school back then, so I'm not sure how they would have taken to a bloke fitting in.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Come on you lot! Where's yer photos? I wanna see some photos!

Ok, I waited 24 hours. More things I love.....

1. Working horses.
2. West Kennett Long Barrow.
3. & 4. The old ways.
5. Glastonbury Tor.

(Hope you all know just click on the thumnail to enlarge.)
Attached Thumbnails Photo's of what you love..-uk-2009-480.jpg   Photo's of what you love..-uk-2009-506.jpg   Photo's of what you love..-uk-2009-628.jpg   Photo's of what you love..-uk-2009-639.jpg   Photo's of what you love..-uk-2009-648.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.