PetPassport Scheme advice

Old Apr 30th 2004, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

Jan60565 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PetPassport Scheme advice

Hi all...We are returning to the UK from the USA in June this year....and would be grateful for any advice on the pitfalls associated with bringing a dog through UK customs under the PETS scheme from the USA.
I have the documentation in place and feel that I have this end organised. I am just about to get the Entry Certificate signed and sealed by the Federal Vet (it has been completed by my Vet following the successful blood test).
My concern now is that something will pop up in the UK that I am unaware of. Is the process lengthy, how long should we plan to spend at Heathrow? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old May 10th 2004, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

I am bumping this up because I would love to hear from others who have gone through this as well. We are moving back in a year and already shipping my dog has put me on edge with worry.
Old May 10th 2004, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alexandra is an unknown quantity at this point

I can only offer limited experience, but anyway it could be of use to you: my dog flew to London from Calgary yesterday, Airpets met him at the airport and took him into kennels. They also called me and told me that she is ok. Overall, I am quite happy, considering he was flying on his own (like a big boy!).
Old May 10th 2004, 6:09 pm
mickj

Are these dogs flying on EU passports as well? I hear they are selling for almost £700 on the dodgy market?

Old May 10th 2004, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

How could you possibly suggest that, mickj? Our doggy flew on his very own Pet Passport with a lovely red stamp on it. Actually, this dog had way more various forms and documents that I would ever have. Not to mention the money it costs to keep him in the kennels for three months. We must love him or something.
Old May 10th 2004, 6:14 pm
mickj

Alex....that was tongue in cheek :-) I was insisting that kill for that dog's passport, if it was an EU one. Just look at people that hide in the plane's rotors just to get to another country.

Old May 10th 2004, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know, mickj, I don't have a sense of humour failure yet. Actually the crate that the dog flew in could house a dozen illegal immigrants. I should have sold some seats in a crate.
Old May 22nd 2004, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

missionuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PetPassport Scheme advice

Originally posted by Jan60565
Hi all...We are returning to the UK from the USA in June this year....and would be grateful for any advice on the pitfalls associated with bringing a dog through UK customs under the PETS scheme from the USA.
I have the documentation in place and feel that I have this end organised. I am just about to get the Entry Certificate signed and sealed by the Federal Vet (it has been completed by my Vet following the successful blood test).
My concern now is that something will pop up in the UK that I am unaware of. Is the process lengthy, how long should we plan to spend at Heathrow? Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi

Go to this link to read my experiences: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...38#post1314438

I came back to UK from US in March 2004 with my cat and dog. All is explained in my posts.

You can also type in missionuk on the search button for all my posts during the process from beginning to end.
Irene

Last edited by missionuk; May 23rd 2004 at 12:02 am.