Pet Passport

Old Nov 16th 2004, 9:09 pm
North Carolina layabout

Bendex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pet Passport

Does anyone know where / how I can obtain the form needed for Pet travel from US to UK. According to Defra's website.....

This can be issued by a vet in a non-EU listed country. It is headed “Veterinary certificate for domestic dogs, cats and ferrets entering the European Community for non-commercial movements (Regulation (EC) No 998/2003)�.

However our vet claims no knowlege. We had our dogs microchipped and blood tested on Nov 2nd, but unless we can get hold the relevant documentation that won't help much.

Anyone have any good info / websites......anything really ?
Old Nov 16th 2004, 9:35 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Pet Passport

Originally Posted by Bendex
Does anyone know where / how I can obtain the form needed for Pet travel from US to UK. According to Defra's website.....

This can be issued by a vet in a non-EU listed country. It is headed “Veterinary certificate for domestic dogs, cats and ferrets entering the European Community for non-commercial movements (Regulation (EC) No 998/2003)�.

However our vet claims no knowlege. We had our dogs microchipped and blood tested on Nov 2nd, but unless we can get hold the relevant documentation that won't help much.

Last week there was a thread posted and you will find it on Page 2 of this board; look for "Moving Pet to UK from New York".....one of the replies has the link to the info you need where I understand you can print off the pages you need.

Good Luck!
Old Nov 16th 2004, 9:37 pm
North Carolina layabout

Default Re: Pet Passport

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Last week there was a thread posted and you will find it on Page 2 of this board; look for "Moving Pet to UK from New York".....one of the replies has the link to the info you need where I understand you can print off the pages you need.

Good Luck!

Thank you thank you thank you.....SO much
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Your Vet will need to contact the local offices of the USDA and they will send the form to the Vet. The USDA will not send the form to you, they will only send it to the Vet and only at the Vet's request............at least that's the rigamarole I had to go through a couple of months ago here in Atlanta.

Cheers and good luck,

Leslie
Old Nov 17th 2004, 1:05 pm
North Carolina layabout

Originally Posted by Scout
Your Vet will need to contact the local offices of the USDA and they will send the form to the Vet. The USDA will not send the form to you, they will only send it to the Vet and only at the Vet's request............at least that's the rigamarole I had to go through a couple of months ago here in Atlanta.

Cheers and good luck,

Leslie
Thanks.

I never knew this would be so much hassle !!!

My vet just claims no knowledge and is waiting for me to deliver everything to him....however I contatced another local vet who has given me the contact information for the local USDA vet. Hopefully I can get him, and my vet, to talk to each other !!!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

I never knew this would be so much hassle !!!

My vet just claims no knowledge and is waiting for me to deliver everything to him....however I contatced another local vet who has given me the contact information for the local USDA vet. Hopefully I can get him, and my vet, to talk to each other !!!

Oh it's going to be easier to get me into the UK on a spousal visa than it is to get our dog in

At first my Vet wanted me to deliver everything to them as well and then I explained that after talking to the local USDA folks the Vet would have to call and request it be sent directly to them. ........as far as I know......Atlanta has only one local USDA Vet and he's 40 miles from us. Thankfully my Vet has done this a few times and they are a little familiar with the process if I watch them like a hawk.

You had best go ahead and find out what city nearest to youthat you can fly out of with your pet as well. With the Atlanta airport being the busiest in the US you would think we could fly out of here, but nooooooo, the closest airport on the 'approved route' list is Orlando.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Nov 17th 2004, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

nyclady is an unknown quantity at this point

Try calling the USDA (united States Department of Agriculture) at
518 453 0200. I got all the paperwork faxed directly to me so my Vet ( at the ASPCA in NYC) didn't have to deal with it at all. I know that since October 2004 the forms have been changed but whether that means they will only deal with the Vet I have no idea....but I'm sure if you call them they will help you.

Let us know what they say.
nyclady
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:15 pm
North Carolina layabout

Thank you so much for all your helpful replies. The USDA vet sent me a link to download the most current, up to the minute forms, and also emailed me directions on filling it out to pass on to my vet.

For anyone interested, the current forms are here....

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/ncie/ir...at_ferret_.pdf

I'm so glad that we're making progress. Can't bear the thought of my "boys" in quarantine
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:31 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you sooo much for this link. My vet says hes not sure about how to get the proper forms as well. Guess they just dont deal with pets traveling very often. Thanks to all.... this thread has helped over another hurdle!
calle
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

asacairns is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Leslie,

I'm also in Atlanta, sending my dog to London. Could you please advise your vet's name for the Pet Passport? I have had the dog's titre test etc in San Francisco, now I just need the final paperwork, but don't have a vet in Atlanta.

Thank you,
Asa Cairns

Originally Posted by Scout

Cheers and good luck,

Leslie
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:01 am
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all.
don't know if anyone is interested (or has enough money), I just received an e-mail from cunard.com. The QM2 is now approved for the pet passport scheme. they have transatlantic from NY to Southampton. Nice six day cruise but prices start at 1,499.00 USD a person. :scared:
I really hate the thought of my dogs flying. I am sure I will book as soon as I hit the lottery. lol.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:35 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by callë
Hi all.
don't know if anyone is interested (or has enough money), I just received an e-mail from cunard.com. The QM2 is now approved for the pet passport scheme. they have transatlantic from NY to Southampton. Nice six day cruise but prices start at 1,499.00 USD a person. :scared:
I really hate the thought of my dogs flying. I am sure I will book as soon as I hit the lottery. lol.
You know, I have thought about this, too - when it was the QE2, I had heard it was not that much more expensive than a roundtrip ticket (and probably less expensive than a 1-way ticket) on a plane.

But I wondered what happens with your dog - and how much extra is it for a dog - and can the dog be taken out for a walk - and who feeds/takes care of it - all questions worth looking into. $1500 isn't that expensive I suppose... in the big scheme of things. And what an experience it would be, going home in style! I wonder if you could also take your car ...
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:46 pm
Home at last

Originally Posted by dunroving
You know, I have thought about this, too - when it was the QE2, I had heard it was not that much more expensive than a roundtrip ticket (and probably less expensive than a 1-way ticket) on a plane.

But I wondered what happens with your dog - and how much extra is it for a dog - and can the dog be taken out for a walk - and who feeds/takes care of it - all questions worth looking into. $1500 isn't that expensive I suppose... in the big scheme of things. And what an experience it would be, going home in style! I wonder if you could also take your car ...
I have not stopped thinking about it since the e-mail. To me it would be worth the money for my dogs not to have to fly in cargo. From the info I could get, the dog stays in the kennel but you can visit and walk your dog in the kennel area. I have not found the cost. It says only that there is a fee for pets. I did e-mail them asking for more information, so I'm hoping I'll hear from them. My dad was in the navy so when we came over we came on a ship. It was great! and the QM2 looks really nice. A gym, pool restaurants, gamerooms and more. Sure would make a pleasant time, like a nice holiday on the way back home!!
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by asacairns
Hi Leslie,

I'm also in Atlanta, sending my dog to London. Could you please advise your vet's name for the Pet Passport? I have had the dog's titre test etc in San Francisco, now I just need the final paperwork, but don't have a vet in Atlanta.

Thank you,
Asa Cairns
Hi Asa.

My Vet is Emory Animal Hospital
1226 Clairmont Rd
Decatur GA 30030
404-633-6163

The Vet that is USDA certified or whatever is out in Covington. I don't know his name but I think you can either get it from the local USDA or maybe from the DEFRA website. To be honest I don't remember how I stumbled across his name but I never did bother to use him. I would imagine he's certified or whatever because of his proximity to the International Horse Park that's out in Covington.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by callë
I have not stopped thinking about it since the e-mail. To me it would be worth the money for my dogs not to have to fly in cargo. From the info I could get, the dog stays in the kennel but you can visit and walk your dog in the kennel area. I have not found the cost. It says only that there is a fee for pets. I did e-mail them asking for more information, so I'm hoping I'll hear from them. My dad was in the navy so when we came over we came on a ship. It was great! and the QM2 looks really nice. A gym, pool restaurants, gamerooms and more. Sure would make a pleasant time, like a nice holiday on the way back home!!
We have discussed this too. I would love if you would post anything you find out here. I really dread shipping my dog in cargo. She's nine years old and I know it's all going to be very traumatic for her.

Cheers,

Leslie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.