Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Pet fees upon landing in UK

Pet fees upon landing in UK

Old Jul 7th 2014, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet fees upon landing in UK

I think my brother said the pound shops carry the dongle for the computer, might want to give that a try if you have a pound shop near you?
Old Jul 7th 2014, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morayeel
I think my brother said the pound shops carry the dongle for the computer, might want to give that a try if you have a pound shop near you?
I am assuming that is the UK equivalent of a dollar store in the U.S. I thought dongles were more expensive than that.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

my brother buys them at poundland over there
Old Jul 8th 2014, 7:10 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Pet fees upon landing in UK

Originally Posted by windsong
I am assuming that is the UK equivalent of a dollar store in the U.S. I thought dongles were more expensive than that.
Mmmm - yes, quite a thread drift from pet fees lol!

I've never seen dongles in the Pound shops - perhaps Morayeel's brother is confusing a dongle with a memory stick?

I use a dongle with my iPad when I go on trips to the UK (it's a Pay-as-you-Go on the '3' network....but it's not the kind of dongle that needs to be plugged in to a laptop USB port, I just have it in my pocket or handbag as it is cordless).

Here are some dongles which you can get from Currys, one of the largest electrical retailers in the UK - some are preloaded PAYG and others are where you have to be on a contract so not sure if you need some kind of established credit rating to get one of those:

- Cheap Deals | Currys
Old Jul 8th 2014, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Mmmm - yes, quite a thread drift from pet fees lol!

I've never seen dongles in the Pound shops - perhaps Morayeel's brother is confusing a dongle with a memory stick?

I use a dongle with my iPad when I go on trips to the UK (it's a Pay-as-you-Go on the '3' network....but it's not the kind of dongle that needs to be plugged in to a laptop USB port, I just have it in my pocket or handbag as it is cordless).

Here are some dongles which you can get from Currys, one of the largest electrical retailers in the UK - some are preloaded PAYG and others are where you have to be on a contract so not sure if you need some kind of established credit rating to get one of those:

- Cheap Deals | Currys
Thank you, Englishmum. I have been thinking I might get an iPad to take with me. It would be more portable and much lighter than my 6.5 lb laptop. I can use a dongle with an iPad if I want to connect to the Internet in a coffee shop or similar - or even on the bus/train.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
I can use a dongle with an iPad if I want to connect to the Internet in a coffee shop or similar - or even on the bus/train.
The UK has lots of hotspots.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

greenlane has a reputation beyond reputegreenlane has a reputation beyond reputegreenlane has a reputation beyond reputegreenlane has a reputation beyond reputegreenlane has a reputation beyond reputegreenlane has a reputation beyond reputegreenlane has a reputation beyond reputegreenlane has a reputation beyond reputegreenlane has a reputation beyond reputegreenlane has a reputation beyond reputegreenlane has a reputation beyond repute

On moneysavingexpert.com you can do a search for 'cheap ipads' ...
Old Jul 8th 2014, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by greenlane
On moneysavingexpert.com you can do a search for 'cheap ipads' ...
Thank you, Greenlane. I was just looking at UK prices for iPads. OUCH!
Old Jul 8th 2014, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by formula
The UK has lots of hotspots.
That's wonderful!!! I don't have to adjust my lifestyle too much then.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Junebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello we took our dog to uk from orlando and went with Virgin and used a pet courier company cost about 2000 dollars and a small fee at uk animal centre , then we happened to come back as we weren't too keen on England and coming back with dog was so easy
Old Jul 8th 2014, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Junebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond repute

Please ask me if anyone has any questions as if we can all help each other makes life easier