Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

people who are kidding theirselves..........

people who are kidding theirselves..........

Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:19 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default people who are kidding theirselves..........

ave been in oz now for around 15 months now and i'v met loads of peeps and enjoyed meeting every one of them, but ave met a few who are kidding theirselves on they are better off here, i dont really know what i mean by this, but i just know. that they are kidding theirselves ......................wtf..............w hy dont they admit it and make a plan to get out, but no, we have to listen to how great things are here oh yes and thats why you feel the right to defend it every 2 secs wtf ...........why am i still here........coz i have a teen.........

well thank you all for listening to my drunken ramble
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:50 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: people who are kidding theirselves..........

Old Jul 16th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

Have that teen get you a large glass of water and some paracetamol tomorrow morning Magaret
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

I remember those drunken rambles very much so, yep and it all comes out when you have a drink.....I used to think like that too

Whatreally used to g et on my nerves is when all they wanna know is how many rentals you have and how big your house/car is!!!! worse than the UK!!!!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:19 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3

LOL...I'm kinda jealous...I haven't drunken rambled for a while now!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:30 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

wtf ...........why am i still here........coz i have a teen .........

hi mags

is this the same said teen we heard about when you were moving to oz?

has your sis visited?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Thumbnails people who are kidding theirselves..........-russell_grant_horoscopes.jpg   people who are kidding theirselves..........-noeledmonds.jpg  
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice

How true! Welcome to the club - been there heard all that bull.

It gets better when you come back home - now the banter is:

WHY ?????? ON EARTH.......(ya know whats coming guys) ....did you come back to this grotty place..............(being the UK).

Ah, but they dont know what I do.......

Got it outa my system know,know where I would rather be.... Its not all about money and what ya got.........

Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:17 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly - ozzies - everyone knows they love to boast a bit.
Secondly - I dunno what it's all about Mags. I think if you've moved out here and you've got the car and the house sorted then it's half the battle. Maybe that makes folk feel more adjusted to life here.Throw in the sunshine and the beaches and maybe that's enough for some people???
It's the poor sods like me and him that just cant afford to buy/live here that is becoming more and more common.

Oh well, less than 5 months and counting.
Oh - BTW - the dugs blood test cost $255( get the result in 2 weeks ), rabies vaccine cost $96 plus $48 for the consult.
SIGH.

Love you lots pal. Hang in there.

XXX
Old Jul 17th 2008, 2:17 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

ave been in oz now for around 15 months now and i'v met loads of peeps and enjoyed meeting every one of them, but ave met a few who are kidding theirselves on they are better off here, i dont really know what i mean by this, but i just know. that they are kidding theirselves ......................wtf..............w hy dont they admit it and make a plan to get out, but no, we have to listen to how great things are here oh yes and thats why you feel the right to defend it every 2 secs wtf ...........why am i still here........coz i have a teen.........

Drunk - surely not .... again

Just because it doesn't 'work' for some - doesn't mean it doesn't 'work' for others. No-one has the same circumstances, views etc as others. They don't have to be 'kidding themselves' they are just happy with what they have at this time. Why do you feel that the people who are 'kidding themselves' have to admit that they are - maybe they aren't - maybe they do actually like it here and just want to get on with it without the incessant ramblings of the dingo haters. Fair enough, the dingo lovers can be just as boring with their 'everything is great here and I won't have a bad word said about the place' but it still doesn't make their view misplaced or invalid. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't or shouldn't.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 2:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

You're right.

Originally Posted by 232Bar

Just because it doesn't 'work' for some - doesn't mean it doesn't 'work' for others. No-one has the same circumstances, views etc as others. They don't have to be 'kidding themselves' they are just happy with what they have at this time. Why do you feel that the people who are 'kidding themselves' have to admit that they are - maybe they aren't - maybe they do actually like it here and just want to get on with it without the incessant ramblings of the dingo haters. Fair enough, the dingo lovers can be just as boring with their 'everything is great here and I won't have a bad word said about the place' but it still doesn't make their view misplaced or invalid. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't or shouldn't.
And you're right.

But I think there's also quite a bit of this going on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:06 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

I do know where you are going with this Margaret. Perhaps some people just cannot properly identify whether they should hang in there or give up and go home. If we have learned anything it must be how confusing the old emigration milarky is.

Originally Posted by 232Bar

And you are right as some people do genuinely like being here and aren't better off. Maybe they don't rationalise things in the same way as others or maybe they can just live life in a different way from others.

Originally Posted by spartacus
You're right.

And you're right.

But I think there's also quite a bit of this going on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
This was a scary description of my mother in law, who will not be better off here but much poorer. Unfortunately, she will not listen to anything that does not conform to her existing viewpoints.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Firstly - ozzies - everyone knows they love to boast a bit.
Secondly - I dunno what it's all about Mags. I think if you've moved out here and you've got the car and the house sorted then it's half the battle. Maybe that makes folk feel more adjusted to life here.Throw in the sunshine and the beaches and maybe that's enough for some people???
It's the poor sods like me and him that just cant afford to buy/live here that is becoming more and more common.

Oh well, less than 5 months and counting.
Oh - BTW - the dugs blood test cost $255( get the result in 2 weeks ), rabies vaccine cost $96 plus $48 for the consult.
SIGH.

Love you lots pal. Hang in there.

XXX

we mutually know one couple working in a hosp in melbourne and i think you would defo agree pearly they are kidding theirselves BIGTIME!!!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:42 am
Account Closed

For the record i have know idea what 232Bar wrote as he is the only person on my ignore list, and i try my best to ignore his comments when people quote him.

Last edited by Margaret3; Jul 17th 2008 at 11:27 am.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hi mags

is this the same said teen we heard about when you were moving to oz?

has your sis visited?
yep thats the teen, she has made me proud here, she has made the best of everything, although she does get pretty homesick at times. Howeve she is doing well at school, sport, has lots of friends and works in a hairdressers, the guy who owns it can only be described as an australian gordon ramsay, honestly, he cracks me up.

Sis went back to texas on tuesday, i was very upset to see her leave, she didnt like melbourne at all, said it was too americanised, she also said she will never complain about american t.v again coz austalias is a 1000x worse, but she did love our wee dug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.