People In A Time Warp

Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:32 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: People In A Time Warp

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Firstly, 2 of them TOLD me they wished they had done what i had done and no, they are not happy, they also told me that too. That was partly what lead me to make the thread.
Unlike yourself, i'm not into assumptions. Why would my plateau necessarily have to be higher? Why not just slightly to the right or left?
You just sounded a bit up yourself that was all, sincere apologies if I have jumped in without considering the other possibilities.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:52 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
What a fantastic facial expression! Gorgeous!
Thanks Sally.

She is the shining light in my life. She manages to keep smiling even though she has not had a great start to life. She was born with club feet. She has had plaster casts on them since she was 2 weeks old and last week had to have her first operation at 10 weeks old. Sadly, the operation was unsuccessful so we are off to the hospital again on Wednesday to discuss the next plan of attack.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:57 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Sally.

She is the shining light in my life. She manages to keep smiling even though she has not had a great start to life. She was born with club feet. She has had plaster casts on them since she was 2 weeks old and last week had to have her first operation at 10 weeks old. Sadly, the operation was unsuccessful so we are off to the hospital again on Wednesday to discuss the next plan of attack.
What a shame, she looks such a happy baby. Hope it all gets sorted soon.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhh yes i hope i have worked this out ok. Should be a couple right here.
Great photo's bless her heart she's so happy, thankyou so much for sharing
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Flea!!

You are an inspiration to us all - your posts always make me smile!!! Good luck to you back home with your lovely family!!

Kath
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:08 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
You just sounded a bit up yourself that was all, sincere apologies if I have jumped in without considering the other possibilities.
Accepted.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:11 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by britvic
Great photo's bless her heart she's so happy, thankyou so much for sharing
Considering the amount of pain she has been going through recently, i am humbled by her bright and bubbly nature. I adore her. Thanx Vic x

And thankyou Kath xx
Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
I know what you mean but the thing is though, we often think that because we have lived away, these people haven't done anything different in their lives in that time. Whilst some haven't, others have. It's just that they live in the same place.

Just because they still live in the same area and drink in the same local though doesn't always mean that they haven't experienced wonderful and amazing things in their lives. It's just that they have done it without the upheaval of emigrating. A pal of ours would never move from the village where he was born, yet has the most amazing holidays all over the world and in the UK several times a year. He's into loads of different things and is always trying out new adventures.

It doesn't always follow that just because you haven't emigrated you don't lead an interesting life, and sometimes it just takes a bit of time talking to people to get on that same wavelength and fine common interests.
Hi Louise,
You are right (you wise thing you!!) when we went back home for our visit this year some of our friends drink in the same pubs, live in the area they were born in and some work and the same place they have for years....but most of them have lived and travelled and experienced lots of interesting things and where once I would of thought of doing some of the same things "boring" now I find it wounderful..to have a local with faces you have know for years.....working at the same company and people just perfect and knowing your postman etc just means so much more....so thank you for answering people who always tell me when I come back from a visit home "oh poeple are sitting in the same seat in the same pub" or "they only go on holiday to Spain etc" and these are the people who just buy crates of beer week in week out and drink in their "yards" and hardly ever go on holiday because it is to expensive!!! so thank you once again.....
Jackie in Perth far far away!!!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:06 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi Louise,
You are right (you wise thing you!!) when we went back home for our visit this year some of our friends drink in the same pubs, live in the area they were born in and some work and the same place they have for years....but most of them have lived and travelled and experienced lots of interesting things and where once I would of thought of doing some of the same things "boring" now I find it wounderful..to have a local with faces you have know for years.....working at the same company and people just perfect and knowing your postman etc just means so much more....so thank you for answering people who always tell me when I come back from a visit home "oh poeple are sitting in the same seat in the same pub" or "they only go on holiday to Spain etc" and these are the people who just buy crates of beer week in week out and drink in their "yards" and hardly ever go on holiday because it is to expensive!!! so thank you once again.....
Jackie in Perth far far away!!!
When are you leaving?
Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Actually now when I think about it, most of these people that sit in the same pub etc etc are quite happy with their lives, we on the other hand all want to try different things in life, but at the end of the day we all end up doing the same old stuff

I am comforted by the fact that these people are happy maybe I should take a leaf out of their books, cos I have got to accept my life (and its not that bad) instead of trying to gain summin thats not really there (if you know what I mean)

Kath
Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:25 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

I would give anything to wake up in a house in the UK knowing that I will be there for as long as I want. I crave that day to day "tedium" everyone else seeks to escape. When you live your life on a rollercoaster with ever changing scenery, the same old same old seems like heaven.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
When are you leaving?
In my dreams right now!!!! but we are thinking of letting our eldest finish year 12 (he is in year 11 now) our other son is in year 9.....we would go now and I truly mean that, the thought of staying until next year (....well we try not to go there!!!)and then we have the worry that by then our boys will change their mind and truly and honestly we just know we cannot stay here!!! so the plan is for us to sell our home soon (we have just built..again!! Oct 06) and rent until next July when I will then go HOME with our youngest and the others follow in Nov 08 (gulp!!). BUT if we can we will go sooner....it is just our eldest with his education....wish we had gone two years ago..so for anyone out there do it the earliest you can, it's the best way!!!
Jackie (after my day today) somewhere on a different planet!!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dingbat
I would give anything to wake up in a house in the UK knowing that I will be there for as long as I want. I crave that day to day "tedium" everyone else seeks to escape. When you live your life on a rollercoaster with ever changing scenery, the same old same old seems like heaven.
Know exactly what you mean...all my family (in-laws included) and friends are contented with their lives...I loved the fact that my old "postie" still remembers me and the milkman (when we go home for a holiday) and my neighbours are still there!!! bliss...my husband loves our beer garden in our local pub..in fact in the 8 (nearly 9) years we have been here both our old local pubs have just improved with age....especially the Dane Bank beer garden......and also the Hare & Hounds in Werneth Low...views from their beer garden is just wonder...over the moors and views to Cheshire.....you cannot by times like we had at those places and our friends are still going there.....glup!!!
Jackie in ......never never land!!!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:47 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Actually now when I think about it, most of these people that sit in the same pub etc etc are quite happy with their lives, we on the other hand all want to try different things in life, but at the end of the day we all end up doing the same old stuff

I am comforted by the fact that these people are happy maybe I should take a leaf out of their books, cos I have got to accept my life (and its not that bad) instead of trying to gain summin thats not really there (if you know what I mean)

Kath
But it's like I said earlier Kath - many people on here (not you) assume that just because people live in the same town/village and frequent the same pub for many years, that they don't have a life and don't try different things. They feel sorry for them because they think they haven't experienced anything.

There is an assumtion that they are boring and don't do anything. This couldn't be further from the truth - I know loads of people who, despite living in the same place have amazing lives - they travel the world, take part in various sports/activities, have fab social lives and truly are interesting people to talk to.

Personally I reckon they are probably far more interesting that those people who have emigrated to Australia and who spend their weekends going to an endless round of beaches and barbies.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:07 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingbat

I have to agree with you even though I'm happy enough in the USA...and have no need right now to leave it...

I did so much more traveling in the USA when I lived outside of it...I had a less stressful life...I don't think I knew what worry was....maybe its age...maybe it is the move to here thats changed me....but I'm not the person I was...

Last edited by krizzy; Sep 19th 2007 at 1:09 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.