Reload this Page >

Pension - Canada to UK Transfer

Pension - Canada to UK Transfer

Old Jan 10th 2022, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Returner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pension - Canada to UK Transfer

Hi,

Recently returned back to the UK after several years in Canada (Toronto) and looking for a good pension advisor in the UK that understands Canadian and UK markets - as looking to potentially move my private Canadian Pension and consolidate into a UK pot. Has anyone had any success with this or recommend an advisor? I have searched and contacted a fair few and none seem to have the knowledge.

Appreciate some help!

Old Jan 23rd 2022, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Diane Rowe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pension - Canada to UK Transfer

Hello, I am planning to move from Toronto to Buxton at the end of Feb. I would love to connect with you. For the next while I will still be using my financial advisor in Toronto.
Old Jan 24th 2022, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Here are some handy FAQs about UK transfers in: https://www.aegon.co.uk/support/faq/...able-item-7074

Scroll down to find Canadian ROPS: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-th...untries-a-to-c
Old Jan 24th 2022, 7:18 am
Just Joined

Returner is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diane Rowe
Hello, I am planning to move from Toronto to Buxton at the end of Feb. I would love to connect with you. For the next while I will still be using my financial advisor in Toronto.
thanks would be great to hear how you get on with your move and hopefully your FA is helpful.

If you want advice on a mover not to use let me know that. We had a really bad experience, I am still trying to resolve it with them now, and now I understand how they work I realise why there are no complaints about this vendor online. I am trying to give them every opportunity to resolve it privately before publicly warn others.
Old Jan 24th 2022, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Diane Rowe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Returner
thanks would be great to hear how you get on with your move and hopefully your FA is helpful.

If you want advice on a mover not to use let me know that. We had a really bad experience, I am still trying to resolve it with them now, and now I understand how they work I realise why there are no complaints about this vendor online. I am trying to give them every opportunity to resolve it privately before publicly warn others.
I am using Orbit. My belongings are in storage because I am not ready to complete the TOR yet. I will see how I feel after 6 months. I understand that they have to wait until they have a full container and there have been shipping delays. They have been good so far.