Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Paying Barclaycard bill online

Paying Barclaycard bill online

Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paying Barclaycard bill online

Thought I'd post this here, mods please move if you think it's more beneficial elsewhere.

Since the 'new and improved' Barclaycard website came up about 6 weeks ago, us folks abroad cannot pay our bill on the Barclaycard website with a debit card - because the import of info from the old website database went wonky (items in wrong fields etc), and when you try to correct them it won't accept either non-UK postcodes/zipcodes or phone numbers. You can't pay as you did before using the details in there because now the address doesn't match your debit card address.....

Terrific 'programming opportunity' Barclays, well done. And how imcompetent do you have to be to not be able to sort this out in 6 sodding weeks!

So after a back-and-forth exchange of me emailing them and them emailing back not answering my questions and telling them that if they force me to write a cheque to post to them it will be for the balance and accompanied by a letter confirming account cancellation - I finally managed to get out of them a 'normal' UK bank account number and sort code with which you can pay them from a UK account if you have access to said account via online banking with your own bank (you use your 16-digit card number as the reference).

I won't put the account details up here but if anyone wants them PM me.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 5:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paying Barclaycard bill online

just a bit of a hassle and opps
Old Oct 1st 2009, 5:26 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

omg...don't even get me started with them! cluckers!

I thought it was just me having problems with being able to enter my info. I couldnt even send them a message as it wouldnt recognise me.

also their customer service number listed is actually the number to report a lost/stolen card.

and then the woman I got through to after listening to "The Eagles" on hold for 15 minutes couldnt understand me
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 2:41 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

We have had this problem too. It won't accept our US zip code. Took ages to pay them because they wouldn't speak to me, despite being an authorized person on the account.
OH never pays any of these bills and is therefore useless on the phone with them.

They told us it would all be sorted out by October.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah 6 weeks ago they told me it would be fixed in 'a few days' (which sounds about right for a programming error like this), and this week they told me again 'a few days'. Muppets.

I paid via my own online banking yesterday.
Old May 5th 2010, 9:51 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
Yeah 6 weeks ago they told me it would be fixed in 'a few days' (which sounds about right for a programming error like this), and this week they told me again 'a few days'. Muppets.

I thought I would resurrect this thread because we have just had a letter from Barclaycard to say they are closing our account as we live abroad

We do have two UK bank accounts but no UK address , which they need us to have, so bye bye Barclaycard.
Old May 7th 2010, 8:52 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
I thought I would resurrect this thread because we have just had a letter from Barclaycard to say they are closing our account as we live abroad

We do have two UK bank accounts but no UK address , which they need us to have, so bye bye Barclaycard.
yeah we got the same letter....wankers. that really stuffs things up for me.

Often my parents will want to pay for something for me, and they will tell me to put it on the Barclaycard and they'll pay the balance in England when it comes in.

Or just today I paid for a rafting trip for August on the Barclaycard, and my friend in England is taking her half of the payment round to my Mum's to pay off the Barclaycard. Wont be able to do things like that anymore.

There's no way I'll ever get a credit card with as much of a credit limit on here.
Old May 7th 2010, 10:23 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
yeah we got the same letter....wankers. that really stuffs things up for me.

Often my parents will want to pay for something for me, and they will tell me to put it on the Barclaycard and they'll pay the balance in England when it comes in.

Or just today I paid for a rafting trip for August on the Barclaycard, and my friend in England is taking her half of the payment round to my Mum's to pay off the Barclaycard. Wont be able to do things like that anymore.

There's no way I'll ever get a credit card with as much of a credit limit on here.
Are you talking Barclaycard Visa Credit card or a Barclays debit card
Old May 8th 2010, 1:24 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
so where was the problem?
Old May 8th 2010, 1:58 pm
lush

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
credit card
Old May 8th 2010, 2:35 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
credit card
Oh!! I have a BC Visa card and the bill come's to me here in the US and the UK every month got one this month as usual.
Old May 9th 2010, 8:39 pm
Who?

credit card.
When we moved here the card was a Morgan Stanley card. It then became Goldfish and then Barclaycard.
We kept this card because Morgan Stanley had no problem with us living abroad and it was a delight to phone their lovely Scottish call centre.
Barclaycard have been unhelpful from the start.....the problems paying on line etc.
But...I use it to pay for gifts for family back home.
We do have two UK bank accounts with debit cards so it doesn't really matter I suppose but grrrrrr.
Old May 10th 2010, 4:01 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Oh!! I have a BC Visa card and the bill come's to me here in the US and the UK every month got one this month as usual.
So do I - until 2nd July. I just got a letter saying that they are canceling my account since their Ts & Cs do not allow people who live permanently abroad to have a BarclayCard. Got mine in 1978, and now it will soon be history.

I'd be interested to hear if other people get the same letter...
Old May 10th 2010, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by nettlebed
So do I - until 2nd July. I just got a letter saying that they are canceling my account since their Ts & Cs do not allow people who live permanently abroad to have a BarclayCard. Got mine in 1978, and now it will soon be history.

I will let you know!

Guess I won't be able to pay it then
Old May 10th 2010, 7:52 pm
lush

Originally Posted by nettlebed

yup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.