Reload this Page >

Passport stamp on re-entering on holiday VISA

Passport stamp on re-entering on holiday VISA

Old Oct 14th 2019, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

mrbizzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport stamp on re-entering on holiday VISA

Hello,

My wife is currently awaiting her citizenship in Italy, during this waiting period she has been back and forth between Italy and UK. Recently she has been making use of the 6 months Holiday VISA and has been in the UK now for 4 months without leaving. She travelled to Italy recently and on re-enterting the UK they stamped her passport on that day, so im assuming this is now valid for another 6 months ?

If someeone cold clarify this as I dont understand how this works.

Thanks
Old Oct 14th 2019, 1:31 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport stamp on re-entering on holiday VISA

Which passport does she hold?
Old Oct 14th 2019, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Argentian

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
Which passport does she hold?
Old Oct 14th 2019, 1:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrbizzie View Post
Argentian
Argentine citizens do not require a visa to visit the UK. Did she actually hold a visa or did she just receive a visitor stamp when she entered four months ago?
Old Oct 14th 2019, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

I may have the wrong terminology but its my understanding when she visits the UK she is automatically under what is called a "Holiday" VISA? every time she has entered the UK she has recieved a stamp. My question is, if she has the stamp is that god for 6months?
Old Oct 14th 2019, 2:21 pm

I may have the wrong terminology but its my understanding when she visits the UK she is automatically under what is called a "Holiday" VISA? every time she has entered the UK she has recieved a stamp. My question is, if she has the stamp is that god for 6months?
Unless she had applied for a visitor visa in advance then each time she visits the UK she is applying for Leave to Enter as a visitor at the border. This can be granted for a maximum of six months so unless the second stamp has been end dated by the Immigration Officer then she can stay for up to another six months.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Yes we ndidnt apply for any visitor VISA as I saw no reason to. There is no end date stamp, they have only ever added a date of entry stamp whch is why I am asking. Hopefully this will be OK then. Is there actually anway of finding out officially do you know?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by mrbizzie; Oct 14th 2019 at 2:31 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 2:41 pm

Yes we ndidnt apply for any visitor VISA as I saw no reason to. There is no end date stamp, they have only ever added a date of entry stamp whch is why I am asking. Hopefully this will be OK then. Is there actually anway of finding out officially do you know?

Thanks for your help.
If only a date of entry is listed then she’ll have another six months from then. That’s as official as you’ll get.