FLR(M) questions

Old Nov 12th 2018, 12:57 am
Just Joined

orange108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face FLR(M) questions

hello! i would just like to clarify the term 'non-applying children'.
for the applicant (me), it asked: "Do you have any children of 18 years old or under?"
the 'children' is defined.
however, for the partner/sponsor, it just asked: "Does (name of partner) have any other children in the UK that are not applying on this application?
this time, 'children' is not defined.
am i right to assume that it would be the same definition as the question for applicant?

i would like to clarify this, as my partner's "children" are of adult age.
i tried answering 'yes', and it brought up a lot of questions; like their previous travels (which my partner and i couldn't answer; and even his son couldn't remember all).
it was also asking about my parental responsibilities towards my stepchildren, and for documents, i have been asked for even birth certificates of my stepchildren's mother.
my partner is not in good terms with his ex-wife so there is no way i could provide these documents.

i am wondering whether it is permissible to answer, 'no' - and explain why.
or should i continue with the 'yes' and respond to succeeding questions as i know it (or my partner) - then explain why i couldn't provide documents.

i would really appreciate advice here. hope some of you have experienced dealing with this kind of scenario.
thank you!
Old Nov 12th 2018, 2:59 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR(M) questions

I presume this is the new online form? The paper form only refers to dependent children. If they’re British citizens and over 18 then I would answer ‘No’.
Old Nov 12th 2018, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

oh hello! thank you for your reply. yes, it’s for the online application form. and yes again, my hubby’s “children” are all over 18 and british. good thinking to compare Qs with the paper form. will do so as i go along. cheers!
Old Nov 15th 2018, 8:14 am
Just Joined

another question on evidence. we’re using my employment and savings. we’re not using my husband/sponsor’s employment as it’s a family company (so many documents to show, very complex). now with the savings, we have bonds that have been with us for the past 2 yrs. we get monthly statement stating the amount. do we have to move that to a regular bank/building society? if so, does that mean it follows the ‘6 month rule’, that money needs to be in the bank for 6 months? thank you in advance for your reply.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 9:56 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

That depends - can you withdraw these savings immediately, with or without penalty?
Old Nov 15th 2018, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

thank you for your response, BritInParis. my husband said they’re called ‘premium bonds’. the process of transferring it to our linked bank account takes 3-5 working days. no penalty. sooo, what do you think?

Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:12 pm

To quote the regs:

The savings may be held in any form of bank/savings account (whether a current, deposit or investment account, provided by a financial institution regulated by the appropriate regulatory body for the country in which that institution is operating), provided that the account allows the savings to be accessed immediately (with or without a penalty for withdrawing funds without notice. This can include savings held in a pension savings account which can be immediately withdrawn.
Old Nov 25th 2018, 12:14 am
Just Joined

thank you for your help, BIP!
my husband also saw the specific guidelines in FM 1.7 for bonds, that is, it has to be owned/controlled by the applicant/sponsor for at least 6 months prior to the date of application- then it has to be encashed by depositing to a bank account of the applicant or sponsor prior to the lodgment of application.
Old Nov 25th 2018, 10:23 pm

Correct. If you can provide evidence that you owned the bonds in question for at least six months before you liquidated them and the bonds were over the necessary threshold then you don't have to wait another six months in order to use the liquidated funds to meet the cash savings requirement. Check paragraphs 7.4.8 and 7.4.9 for details.