Parents of School kids

Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents of School kids

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Wow what a short list...

your looks like your buying specifically for you child, whereas my list looks like the Teacher is stock pilling in case some of the kids parents don't send in anything...
Yes it sounds like it.....how many kids are in the class?
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:20 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Yes it sounds like it.....how many kids are in the class?
about 20 ?

(but not 100% sure until 1st day of school and we get to see the list of pupils)
Old Jul 26th 2008, 1:10 am

Neathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of light

The list for 2nd grade here is:

4 one subject spiral notebooks
2 packs of pencil top erasers (20 per pack)
6 large erasers
A lot of pencils! (36) (not mechanical)
8 glue sticks
2 packets of 4 Dry erase markers (one with eraser)
at least 2 large boxes of tissues
2 rolls of paper towels
2 pack coloured pencils (12 pack)
1 8-pack of washable markers
2 scissors (fiskars)
plastic pencil box
2 packages regular ruled loose leaf paper
4 boxes of 24 count crayons
A book bag
2 (large) containers of Antibacterial wipes
2 (ex large) antibacterial hand sanitizer
4 Antibacterial Soap
4 plastic (with pockets) folders
1 packet (200 sheets) of coloured paper

and then they'll ask for more in about 3 months...which is why I spend soo much...

eek -- That's quite a list there. Second graders at my kids' school have the following supply list:

1 supply box
1 box #2 pencils
4 glue sticks
1 box of tissues
3 pocket folders
1 black sharpie marker
baby wipes
scissors
1 box of crayons (24 count)
1 box of markers
2 book covers
1 planner
4 notebooks

Normally there are about 19-20 kids in the class.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand why they need to have such a huge amount of supplies brought in by each kid, why aren't they provided for, out of taxes we pay?
Old Jul 26th 2008, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

my wife does ours and to me it does seem strange compared to the UK... however the school our eldest is in is WAY better than i had at his age in the UK.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 3:50 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
I don't understand why they need to have such a huge amount of supplies brought in by each kid, why aren't they provided for, out of taxes we pay?
I've said this at the start of every school year..
Old Jul 26th 2008, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

ukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud of

It seems like the people who have these lists with items that are obviously not just for their kid, are covering the parents who don't do lists !
Old Jul 26th 2008, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

ukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud of

I think it depends on your area and how well off the school district is.

Here all extra money is going towards teaching the kids English, we have virtually no after school activities, we used to.

Field trips also are virtually non existent.

Parent involvement is like pulling teeth.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 1:19 pm

Neathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of light

My kids go to local parish school, so I expect to buy supplies. Didn't realise that the public schools make you buy stuff too
Old Jul 26th 2008, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

about 20 ?

(but not 100% sure until 1st day of school and we get to see the list of pupils)
And each kid needs all that antibacterial soap? It does sound like she's stockpiling in case she doesn't get enough.....
Old Jul 26th 2008, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ukelaine
I think it depends on your area and how well off the school district is.

Here all extra money is going towards teaching the kids English, we have virtually no after school activities, we used to.

Field trips also are virtually non existent.

Parent involvement is like pulling teeth.
That's really a shame. Because I know California used to have really good school districts.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 3:17 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

They can get stuffed if the school ask me for any of that once my son is old enough for school. Despite living in the same town as the school and being quite literally walking distance from it I'll have to pay some form of tuition for my son to attend as we live in Tennessee and the side of the town with the school in is in Alabama. Our choices will either be pay it or send our son to a worse school further away :curse:
Old Jul 26th 2008, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
They can get stuffed if the school ask me for any of that once my son is old enough for school. Despite living in the same town as the school and being quite literally walking distance from it I'll have to pay some form of tuition for my son to attend as we live in Tennessee and the side of the town with the school in is in Alabama. Our choices will either be pay it or send our son to a worse school further away :curse:
Maybe its time to move.....
Old Jul 26th 2008, 5:02 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Not likely we only just bought this house and as my son isn't born just yet we have a few years to worry about paying the fees
Old Jul 26th 2008, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
Not likely we only just bought this house and as my son isn't born just yet we have a few years to worry about paying the fees
Never say never..... As for your unborn son, I'm assuming he's on the way - so congratulations!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.