Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

THE PACKERS ARRIVED THIS MORNING

Wikiposts

THE PACKERS ARRIVED THIS MORNING

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Lazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to all
Default THE PACKERS ARRIVED THIS MORNING

So this is the stage I am at! They are all around me wrapping all mmy wordly possessions, whilst I am sitting at the table in a state of.......I don't know what to call it? Shock, stress, anxiety, worry, all mixed up as one. At least they are listening to what I am saying and not packing the stuff wiht the big pink labels saying DO NOT PACK. They are here for another 3 days. Great!

Advice please from anyone on how to stay away from being sectioned under the Mental Helath Act would be appreciated!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:26 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: THE PACKERS ARRIVED THIS MORNING

Originally Posted by Lazzza
Advice please from anyone on how to stay away from being sectioned under the Mental Helath Act would be appreciated!!!
plus
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

So this is the stage I am at! They are all around me wrapping all mmy wordly possessions, whilst I am sitting at the table in a state of.......I don't know what to call it? Shock, stress, anxiety, worry, all mixed up as one. At least they are listening to what I am saying and not packing the stuff wiht the big pink labels saying DO NOT PACK. They are here for another 3 days. Great!

Most of us have gone through what you're going through and I don't think anyone's been sectioned because of it.

If I remember back to 1996 it all seemed very surreal at the time. My advice would be to try to make the most of the time you have left in the UK. Take photos of your favourite places and people...have lunch at your favourite pub...that sort of thing.

Good luck.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:59 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Woo Hoo Lazzza - what date do you fly - at least the volcanic ash has cleared up !! I was right behind them with the hoover vacuuming behind all the furniture that hadn't been moved in years. Make sure you have take out every night and a bottle of vino plonko to wash it down. And keep thinking about how much fun it will be when you get here !!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

They are here for another 3 days. Great!

OMG. Another 3 days!! Ours only took a day and I was stressed with that. Why is it taking them so long. We have a 3 bed semi detached and it was all done in approx 7-8 hours.

Hang in there kid. Your on the last legs of leaving the UK and have so much to look forward to when you arrive here. When are you flying out. Has your daughter finished her exams yet or have they even started?

By the way, hopefully your shipment will arrive before ours has. Ours is due here on Tuesday and that will have been a full 12 weeks!!! CAN'T WAIT.

Keep us posted on your travel plans and good luck with the packers
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Lazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to all

I laughed at the Vodka/Silk Cut! I'll change the Vodka for gin, if that's ok!

Yes 3 more days! Our house is quite big and we have a lot of stuff! But I think they'll be finished before then.

I have a 21st party tomorrow which I am looking forward to. Planning to let my hair down.

This is a weird feeling. I'm kind of excited but not.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brat1
They are here for another 3 days. Great!

OMG. Another 3 days!! Ours only took a day and I was stressed with that. Why is it taking them so long. We have a 3 bed semi detached and it was all done in approx 7-8 hours.

Hang in there kid. Your on the last legs of leaving the UK and have so much to look forward to when you arrive here. When are you flying out. Has your daughter finished her exams yet or have they even started?

By the way, hopefully your shipment will arrive before ours has. Ours is due here on Tuesday and that will have been a full 12 weeks!!! CAN'T WAIT.

Keep us posted on your travel plans and good luck with the packers
No she finishes her exams on 4th June. We are moving into a holiday let until then and will be flying after then. We planned this so that the furniture would be in the US before we are (my OH is there already). So far, so good
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 3:19 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Totally OT -- when you get to the US and you mention "the Packers" -- people will think you are talking about the Green Bay Packers, a US Football team.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

No she finishes her exams on 4th June. We are moving into a holiday let until then and will be flying after then. We planned this so that the furniture would be in the US before we are (my OH is there already). So far, so good
Ah! Good planning.

You can relax after the "packers" have left because it's nearly all done. Enjoy the time you've got left in the UK and just for some reassurance, I didn't feel excited I don't think, until the plane landed at JFK.

Good luck with your daughters exams. I'm sure she'll sail through them.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

"just keep swinning, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming"

Take it a day at a time, and if that's too much, an hour at a time..cpiuos amounts of decent chocoltae helped me too!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Totally OT -- when you get to the US and you mention "the Packers" -- people will think you are talking about the Green Bay Packers, a US Football team.
LOL! Just imagine if they really had arrived in my house in Buckie to pack up my wordly goods? Now that would have been something!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:42 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
That's actually what I thought.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

bostonbound will become famous soon enough

Good luck! Ours were in for 3 days too. I had a room that was a 'no pack zone' and I basically hid in there for 3 days with my children and the dog
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

You've gone right down in my estimation.

Silk Cut, FFS!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

I laughed at the Vodka/Silk Cut! I'll change the Vodka for gin, if that's ok!

Yes 3 more days! Our house is quite big and we have a lot of stuff! But I think they'll be finished before then.

I have a 21st party tomorrow which I am looking forward to. Planning to let my hair down.

This is a weird feeling. I'm kind of excited but not.
Situation normal I'd say.
Just make sure they don't pack your passports

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.