Ozzy Life - Scary

Old Mar 18th 2007, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

BIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really nice
Default Ozzy Life - Scary

Hi
Having looked at this section of the website before - and feeling scared to death - I eggagerate not! I recently decided to give it another go. I think that looking at the whole picture is wise and not falling into the trap of viewing Oz as some kind of utopia. Every country and society has its issues. The way I feel at the moment (even though some peoples comments on their experiences are scary) is to have an open mind to both the positive aspects of Ozzy life, but more so the negative aspects. I feel that going with the attitude that it is what it is should help. Or am I still being unrealistic?

Debbie B
Old Mar 18th 2007, 12:32 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ozzy Life - Scary

Originally Posted by BIDERCLAN
Hi
Having looked at this section of the website before - and feeling scared to death - I eggagerate not! I recently decided to give it another go. I think that looking at the whole picture is wise and not falling into the trap of viewing Oz as some kind of utopia. Every country and society has its issues. The way I feel at the moment (even though some peoples comments on their experiences are scary) is to have an open mind to both the positive aspects of Ozzy life, but more so the negative aspects. I feel that going with the attitude that it is what it is should help. Or am I still being unrealistic?

Debbie B
I am sorry, but I can't quite understand what you are asking. Have you been to Oz before?
Old Mar 18th 2007, 7:48 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Debbie B
yea lost me on this what you want to know ??

Oz can be brilliant ... Unless you leave friends and loved ones behind ,then they all come back from homesickness..
The whole picture is , same as any country good bits and bad bits !! It just depends on if theres more good bits than the bad for you ..

The Scarey storys are just a one in a million story so ignore them !!

If your not happy in OZ then chances are you wont be happy anywhere !!
As your seeking more than life can provide for you !!

Dont know if this helps but then i didnt understand the question so what the heck
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just like any country, Aus has normal everyday hassles, normal everyday work, normal everyday bills. Some people live to work, some work to live, same as anywhere, except the sky is often bluer (god give me grey skies please!!) and there isn't enough water and its often too hot to move.
Some people like it, some don't. Each to their own
Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Just like any country, Aus has normal everyday hassles, normal everyday work, normal everyday bills. Some people live to work, some work to live, same as anywhere, except the sky is often bluer (god give me grey skies please!!) and there isn't enough water and its often too hot to move.
Some people like it, some don't. Each to their own
If you have a good life in England, don't throw it away on a whim.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

BIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really nice

Thanxs for that - sorry about confusing post - but late night and all that. Get what you are all saying - we do have a good life here - nice house, good schools, good job etc have been considering this move for 4 yearsso not a whim - having lived abroad before in the middle east know about difficulties ahead. Just needed a bit of reassurance cos you know what a roller coaster the whole process is!
Old Apr 4th 2007, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Thanxs for that - sorry about confusing post - but late night and all that. Get what you are all saying - we do have a good life here - nice house, good schools, good job etc have been considering this move for 4 yearsso not a whim - having lived abroad before in the middle east know about difficulties ahead. Just needed a bit of reassurance cos you know what a roller coaster the whole process is!
well in that case dont do it! I wish I had taken more note of the posts on here instead of thinking "ooh not me" and prefering the hype of the Oz posts..
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:57 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh Biderclan thats a tough one! So many people go and love it but yes there are some of us who really wish we could turn back the clock so that we wouldn't have lost everything that we've ever worked for or had families torn apart or heartache of one form or another. Everyone's situation is different - job they do, money they have, if they have kids, ages of kids, closeness to family, personality, where you live now, where you intend settling in Oz, what your likes and dislikes are, what your hobbies are etc. So many factors to consider that it's mind boggling.

Generally though I would advise anyone who is emigrating, to make sure that you both agree time limits and if one of you is unhappy, the other will return with them. Tell friends and family that you are just trying it out - it makes it easier to return if it does go pear shaped. Also, if you do sell up, don't depend on the equity for rent, shipping, air fares, buying furniture etc. It's surprising how money can dwindle away without you even realising it.

Hope it goes well for you.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Debbie B

Think the main thing to realise is after the first few months of novelty and everythings new mode, you go into normal life mode, work, schools, traffic, nasty bosses, nit picking neighbours, commuting, bills, washing, homework, kids getting sick, housework, daily grind really.

I think the life expected by many is nothing like that version, more the BBC, GMTV version of what essentially is the holiday aspect of australia.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Big Pete
:If your not happy in OZ then chances are you wont be happy anywhere !!
:
Pete, you don't half talk some crap mate There are plenty of people, who disliked Oz, back in the UK and very happy.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Pete, you don't half talk some crap mate There are plenty of people, who disliked Oz, back in the UK and very happy.
Yeh lets see how he gets on after a few months/years in Spain. Probably wouldnt come on here though and tell us
Old Apr 5th 2007, 9:45 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
:
If your not happy in OZ then chances are you wont be happy anywhere !!
How long did you live in Oz for Pete and why did you return to the UK?
Old Apr 6th 2007, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LouiseD
How long did you live in Oz for Pete and why did you return to the UK?
Old Apr 6th 2007, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Think the main thing to realise is after the first few months of novelty and everythings new mode, you go into normal life mode, work, schools, traffic, nasty bosses, nit picking neighbours, commuting, bills, washing, homework, kids getting sick, housework, daily grind really.
So so true
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Debbie B
No, you're being very realistic. You have to give it a go so you can say to yourself that you made your own mind up. Can you go for a long rekkie, say 3mnths - it would be worth it if it made up your mind that you couldnt live there as you'd still have your old uk life to fall back on?if you are so unsure, best to try to keep a foot in both camps at first maybe?
Good luck
c

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.